cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More common items

More common items

I would like to see more common and popular  items  to earn cash back, I’ve been with you since you started and there use to be more common and popular items to earn cash back .. also it would be great to extend the receipt time to upload  too two weeks things get very hectic and I know I’m not the only one who forgets about their receipt at times... 

3 Comments
Janet1964
Rewards Advocate

Forgets - not me! I upload most before I leave the store and the others before I put it away. That way I don’t have to dig through the cabinets and freezer to scan the barcodes. I want my money back as quickly as possible. I put everything on a credit card and have my rebates go to my PayPal account then to my checking and when the bill arrives, I pay off the credit card bill with no interest. 
I remove my earnings from Ibotta after each shopping trip (which usually includes several stores as I live 25 miles from any major store) and the money is in my PayPal account within minutes. I move it to my bank account the next day. Then I write the check to credit card company the day the bill arrives.

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

This is a common complaint about Ibotta - Why are there so many items that I don't use or buy?

You have to remember that Ibotta is a marketing company.  They solicit companies to advertise with them.  Established brands with contracts with other advertising companies have no need for Ibotta.  The companies that look to Ibotta are ones that usually are trying to break into the market and get the most bang for their buck.

However, there are companies that look outside the box and do advertise with Ibotta, even though they have a very loyal following.  Companies like Kraft, Kellogg's, General Mills, Coca-Cola, Scott, Cottonelle, Rubbermaid, Nabisco.  I could go on and on.

It might be helpful if you could include the brands you would like to see Ibotta advertise.  Maybe Ibotta could approach these companies with hard evidence that the Ibotta Community would buy their products if there were offers available.

Just a thought.

ScottyS
Former Ibotta Employee
Status changed to: Investigating