cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish it would auto search receipts

Wish it would auto search receipts

I have been using ibotta for about 3 years and have earned over $200 cash back, which is amazing!! My only suggestion would be that the app automatically searches receipts for qualifying products purchased. I use another cash back app that after i scan the receipt, it gives me points for qualifying products without having to search or browse thru all the products in order to get cash back. It would make it alot less time consuming and alot more fun. Yals opinions?? 

12 Comments
Erickascr
Shopper

I agree! Searching for each product and any item to scan barcodes is tedious, especially when they’re neither in alphabetical nor by category order. Yesterday, for example, I scanned all my items and any items and my receipt was marked as pending. Later, when checking on its progress, 1 product was already missing so, I had to submit a request which will delay my rebates and bonuses earnings.

Rubigal9
Deal Sharer

I’m with you on that. It would be easier and faster. I would get my groceries in the freezer or Refrigerator much faster.

2manykids
Shopper

Yes, so true! Some store receipts are hard to decipher what the item is and I have to go through it to find the item that was missed. Have you noticed though that Walmart receipts pick up the items and add them automatically. All Indonis scan the barcode or qr code and hit submit. Wish it did that for Target. I go there way too much!

ScottyS
Former Ibotta Employee

Thanks for the suggestion, @Kpire86

I agree that this would be very helpful. I've passed your idea along to our Product team for further review and consideration. 😊

ScottyS
Former Ibotta Employee
Status changed to: Investigating

PooperScooper
Rewards Hunter

Totally agree. That and when you use an any item, it actually is for any item in that category. For example, I buy yogurt at Aldi but Aldi brand items after not recognized by the bar code scanner. Most store brand items don't seem to be recognized.

AMommy2TwoBoys
Rewards Hunter

I’ve become very frustrated with Ibotta. I’ve been here since early on and it used to notify you of what you purchased, and it rarely missed anything. Now, I have to add everything, watch all the ads, scan my receipt and then go back through everything again… Today I just gave up. I don’t have 30 minutes to sit down and go through receipts every time. It would be nice if the app could use artificial intelligence and learn from the scans of other members… Because time is money and sitting here for 10 minutes for $.15 just isn’t worth it. 

kcpark267
Deal Sharer

I agree. I have been using Ibotta for a while and have had to submit the same receipt more than once for items I missed the first time around.

FlossyB
Rewards Hunter

Yes yes yes! I’ve been thinking this!

wiccarox101
Rewards Hunter

Yesssss!!!!! That is the ONLY issue I have with iBotta (well actually that, and then how difficult they make it to get missing credit to your account. It drives me looney that they don’t have a phone number to call, I HATE Emailing! Lol)