cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are You Cashing Out For Christmas?

Dean

I normally cash out when I can so I don’t have high amounts in my apps. But I decided to save a bit more recently so I could cash out to do some shopping. I cashed out what I could from my apps (maybe next year CO51 😠) and used it to get some gifts. Loading up my Amazon gift card account meant not having to use a credit card. Target and Walmart GCs also meant savings there. Still have a bit more shopping to do but pretty much finished with my list.

So, are you cashing out for Christmas?

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
10 Replies

Re: Are You Cashing Out For Christmas?

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Dean 

I cash out when my balance reaches $50.00 in the event the app has a glitch.

"To Whom you give your money to; is to whom you give your power to"
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

Have you not been doing the C51 deals the last month on free halls and free  car air fresheners @ DT?.  I think I have gotten close to $20 back on those alone.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

I thought about cashing out for Christmas but I am not sure. It seems like many are having serious issues cashing out and not just new users. I am nervous to cash out as I have a large amount to cash out. I am saving up to buy something expensive and almost have enough to buy desired item. But, I am worried that if I try to cash out that I will join the ranks in something going wrong and getting a locked account and then waiting for the Care Team to unlock me which can take days. So, I am unsure at this point if I will cash out to splurge for Christmas.

0 Likes

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

@Marethundsabre  ...maybe try a small amount at first (20.00) and see if it works ok for you.

I see all the posts about ppl having trouble and I wonder why.... I use PayPal and it literally is instantly for me. **knocks on wood**

cheryl_123
Core Shopper

@Dean same here. My October and November we're good money maker months in my apps so I held off cashing them out so I could pool everything together for my holiday buys. It's nice! I'll probably start doing this every year.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Dean  I usually try to roll my Ibotta using pay with Ibotta.  I did do so black Friday shopping at Best Buy for my boys so I used some toward that. Like you, I like to keep a balance in Amazon. I recently cashed out CO51, Field Agent, Shopkick and Fetch.  Swagbucks I did a discounted $25 Amazon earlier this month.

Janet1964
Super Saver

I cash out after every trip, so usually twice a week after every mw and we. I have only had trouble once and it was a larger amount and my account was locked. It was released the next day, but I was nervous.

as far as Shopkick, I wait until I get a $25 gift card. C051 as soon as I get $20 check,  fetch - $10 gift card, receipt pal & receipt hog - $5 or $10 gift card, get upside- $20 check. I have lost money through Fetch and Shopkick before - points just disappeared for no reason and didn’t get them back. Not taking chances anymore.

Dean

I’m the same about cashing out when I can. It’s not the possibility of losing earnings to glitches but more of using earnings as soon as they’re available for the next purchase. I don’t understand leaving your earnings to accumulate over a long period of time. It’s not useful unless you use it. There are better ways to invest your money, and it is your money. I get that it’s possible to increase your earnings by “paying with Ibotta” but there’s so many posts on here about not being able to withdraw and needing it at the last moment. Losing $20 is one thing but losing hundreds or more would have me calling those screaming lawyers on TV. 

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.

kynuna
Core Shopper

I’m with those people that cash out as soon as I reach $20 or $25 and roll money to pay for my next round of purchases. 
You have to remember that it’s not the ‘Bank of Ibotta’, and as long as your funds are in your account they belong to Ibotta, (as per the Ibotta agreement), and if your account is frozen or deactivated you have no right to the money!