cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bashing Lara & Ibotta

OBSHOP
Deal Expert

@GlennCoe2020 

It seems as if you are having a personal disagreement with Ibotta and @LaraL. and are taking pop shots to vent your frustration. 

Yes, we all have had or maybe will have a grievance at one time or another but to ambush posts of other users isn't the way to go about your one man crusade.

If you are so distraught about how Ibotta operates you are free to discontinue using app. 

@LaraL is an asset to this group and we are all aware she is an Ibotta employee and must conduct herself accordingly.

It's unfortunately you are having a disagreement and didn't receive favorable results from Ibotta. 

If you oppose to Ibotta's operations and policies you can use one of the other rebate sites.

Paying full price is optional
9 Replies

Re: Bashing Lara & Ibotta

mom2furkids
Core Shopper

@OBSHOP Well said! I was thinking of responding to the posts in question, but hadn't come up with a diplomatic way to do so. You did it perfectly! Thank you for speaking up and I second everything you said!

Janet1964
Super Saver

@OBSHOP 

Thank you. I feel the exact same way. @LaraL saved us all on Thursday by getting them to fix the Walmart issue so quickly.

she is my hero!

OBSHOP
Deal Expert

@mom2furkids 

Thank you,  we all know ibotta has some flaws but then what app doesn't.  The rebates here are great and the people are greater.  

OBSHOP
Deal Expert

@Janet1964 

Without @LaraL I would not have contacted the Care Team concerning my referral bonus I didn't receive credit or got credit for all my Walmart purchases. 

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey folks,

This morning I made the decision to ban this user. They've openly acknowledged that they will make new accounts and use other devices to come back, so I'm asking for your help. If you see another account from this user or suspect it's another account, please send me a message.

For context, their account was deactivated for what seems to be very valid reasons, however they're under the impression it's related to something irrelevant to the determination. They've been causing issues for our Social teams and here, and the inflammatory posts/remarks are breaking guidelines and etiquette, so they're not welcome here anymore.

I'm currently purging all the threads he decided to post while I was out. If I miss any, let me know.

Thank you all!

mom2furkids
Core Shopper

@LaraL Thank you! I'm glad this bully (that's what they are) was banned and if I see anything new, I'll be sure to report it. Thank you for all that you do!

Nique
Skilled Saver

@LaraL You were very professional through it all. It does not go without notice. Thank you.

TXbelle
Skilled Saver

@LaraL @OBSHOP @mom2furkids @Janet1964 , Thank you for stepping up and facing this bully (perfect word). LaraL you have been wonderful helping us and now protecting us from trolls. Sometimes, I see posts that just seem like a frustration that gets out of hand? I wonder if we cause much of our own frustrations by not paying attention to the details and sending erroneous information to Ibotta. Or freaking out when Ibotta doesn't respond as quickly as expected to our mistakes or problems. I know I have worried that a submission wouldn't be accepted soon enough to apply to a bonus I wanted to complete. And I have been annoyed if I have to create a ticket. I'm learning to be more patient and letting the process play out.

LaraL, please know that we recognize the work you do daily to make using Ibotta a positive experience. Thank you and tell your co-workers that we appreciate their efforts as well. The amount of programming needed to make an app like Ibotta work is mind boggling to me. Fixing one thing can have consequences that can cause unforseen glitches in completely unexpected places. Y'all do a great job. Thank you again.

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the kind words! It honestly boggles my mind too. There's an incredible amount of activity that goes on behind all the different details of all the different offers and sometimes things go awry.

Generally if you see me asking qualifying questions about an issue it's to make sure I'm not passing something along that is erroneous or just misunderstood. I've done this a few times and it wastes their time investigating it, so I try to be careful with what things I escalate.

I'll share your feedback, and while that troll has recently made a third (now banned) account this morning, he's likely to stop soon (hopefully).