cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Blake's seed bar search

Rickibotta
Deal Master

HIDE/UNHIDE

Regarding a hide/unhide feature, it likely is just not important to ibotta.   They likely have hundreds of change requests outstanding already that are prioritized, many of which are functionality related.  As with all companies, ?I am sure they consider the wishes of their customers, but it doesn't affect the app working as  desired so it likely wuld be a low priority.   Whoever is responsible for triage likely would not escalate or even consider such a request.  Then there would be additional files/databaess or perhaps just links, and additional programs/processes that would need written and maintained.   A lot of IT development is in a moratorium right now.  Without knowing the IT platform of ibotta, I can't really speculate how much of an ask this would even be.

From my perspective, I place little significance in this feature for myself.   Of course, that is just me.   There are many things important to me that others couldn't care less about.  So I understand your position, @Zebrachicken35 

MANUFACTURER'S & SELL-THRU

Ibotta's contracts are with retail outlets, not the manufacturers.   So how well an item performs within ibotta does not directly affect the manufacturer.   If an item is not selling thru at WM, obviously that impacts whether or not WM will continue to carry the product..

STORE AVAILABILITY

I am in Indy, and I may only have an offer for, and inventory of, perhaps 3 out of every 15  or 20 FAOs for WM in ibotta offers.  I swear every single deal must be available n  LI though, because @FelskyNY  seems to get all of them....lol.    I personally don't get extremely agitated by this, but of course I occasionally get slightly frustrated 

Because people who shop at any given store overlap regions of the country, and because each individual company's regional territories vary, it isn't really possible to only show items available at stores in your immediate area, let alone within 5 miles.  Also, some people will drive an hour to a WM even though I won't drive over 20 minutes to one.   So logisticallly, this would be a nightmare.   Store inventories, Target notwithstanding, are often horrible, so if the actual retailer can't keep track of who has what, how do you expect ibotta to do so.  

When I find a WM deal I can't find in store, I add it to a list, and once or twice a month, I check those 10 or 15 items to see if they are now in my store.  Usually they aren't.   But ibotta gives me so many great deals that I just don't get bent.  For those of you who have a frustration tolerance needle to the left of me, there is nothing wrong with that either.  That is your prerogative.   You do you!

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  Just to clarify, no Blake's seed bar on LI either.  

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@FelskyNY 

That definitely goes a long way in officially designating it as a true unicorn.   

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes