cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOLO for SHOPMIUM Beta Application

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Back in February, the news dropped that Quotient planned on replacing COUPONS.COM with the relaunch of the SHOPMIUM app by year-end 2022.  That sparked speculation that the printed coupons would also go away.  While we still don't have the whole picture yet, it appears they are ramping up a beta test of the SHOPMIUM app.

I just got an email inviting me to apply.  So check your emails for the invitation from coupons.com.  My email was entitled " coupons.com's cooking up something new! Wanna try it?".  

A few questions were about whether you are a US resident and  about whether you had or were willing to get a PAYPAL account, so I am optimistic it may pay out automatically like the CDC app does instead of accumulating.  The beta download period stated had already passed, so I am not sure if they are behind schedule or just on a second wave of invites, but current details mention they are looking for applicants to download and use the new app three times between September 1 and October 21.

(Shopmium launched in 2014 in the US and shut down in 2017.  The SHOPMIUM app has been being tested in Europe for several years )

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes
14 Replies

Re: BOLO for SHOPMIUM Beta Application

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

I received the same email back on Aug 30th. I applied, but have never heard anything back so I guess I wasn't selected. Oh well. Hopefully someone else here will be and will share their thoughts with the rest of us!

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

TERMS & CONDITIONS - SHOPMIUM BETA APPLICATION

Early Access Tester Application

PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SHOPMIUM BETA APP ("THE BETA"). BY USING THE BETA, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT USE THE BETA. QUOTIENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THESE TERMS AT ANY TIME BY POSTING CHANGES TO THIS PAGE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE MODIFIED TERMS, YOU MUST STOP USING THE BETA. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE BETA AFTER THE POSTING OF CHANGES SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO SUCH CHANGES.

1. QUALIFICATIONS
To participate in this test, you must:

o Be a primary grocery shopper(s) for your household.

o Be able to download the app on an Android or iOS mobile device between September 1, 2022 and September 17, 2022 and maintain through the duration of the Beta test

o Have a U.S.-based PayPal account or be willing to set one up.

o Be at least 18 years of age.

2. SURVEY AND FEEDBACK COMMITMENTS

As a participant in this Beta program, you agree to:

o Download the Shopmium Beta app and use it at least 3 times between September 1, 2022 and October 21, 2022.

o Provide immediate feedback if you discover any bugs or vulnerabilities in the Beta (you can do so in the app).

o Complete periodic surveys about your experience within and impressions of the app (delivered via email or prompted via push notification).

o Complete a Post Beta Test Survey by October 31, 2022 (a link will be emailed to you).

o Provide any additional feedback you may have to Quotient (you can do so in the app).

o Consent to Quotient’s use of all the information you provide in any manner it sees fit.

3. USE AND OWNERSHIP ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

Subject to the Terms of Use, your license to use the Beta is for the period between September 1, 2022, and October 21, 2022 (“Beta Term”) only, which period may be changed by Quotient upon notice to you or by posting such change on this page.

The Beta is a pre-release mobile application that is not a final product and, as such, may contain various errors, defects, or may be unstable. The Beta is provided to you on an “as-is" and “as available” basis without warranties, express or implied, of any kind. Quotient will have no liability to you or any other party in connection with your use of the Beta. You agree that all data, and information generated in connection with your use of the Beta, including survey responses, feedback, and/or any other commentary or suggestions that you submit to Quotient are considered “Feedback” as defined in the Terms of Service, and is the Confidential Information of and owned and assigned to Quotient without any compensation or attribution to you.

4. CONFIDENTIALITY

You agree to keep all information relating to your participation in the Beta Test and use of the Beta, and any Feedback, strictly confidential, and confirm that you will not disclose any of that information to anyone other than Quotient, nor will you use the information or the Beta for any purposes other than assisting with the Beta Test and redeeming rebates during the Beta Term. This duty will continue even after the completion of your use of the Beta and submission of Feedback.

Please click below to confirm that you meet the qualifications, that you commit to the listed tasks, and that you accept these terms. Thank you for using the Shopmium Beta app – we hope you enjoy it, and we look forward to hearing about your experience.

I Agree

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mom2furkids 

May not mean anything yet.  I only have a lifetime earnings of $116.14, so perhaps they are just accumulating applications based on CDC app lifetime redemption amounts.  I will let you know if I hear anything of course.

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

@Rickibotta You're right, they may still be gathering applications, esp in light of the fact that we're nearing the end of the date range they mentioned in the email. My lifetime earnings with CDC is $316.57. I'm sure there are many others with much higher earnings however. I didn't start using the app until SavingStar went away, which I'm thinking was around 2020. If I end up being approved I will certainly come back and respond to this thread so we can all share any thoughts/opinions.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  I was selected for the beta, but honestly, the only thing I did was cash in on the free Pillsbury cookies.  The offers say you cannot combine with other offers and they are duplicates of digitals or what I already have on CDC, so I don't use it often if at all.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@FelskyNY 

So did they automatically pay directly to PAYPAL like the CDC app does?

I'm assuming they must be planning on doing something differently than the existing CDC app.  Otherwise, why replace and rebrand CDC with SHOPMIUM. 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  Yes payment directly to paypal.  I'm a bit underwhelmed as of now, but as I said, I haven't found the need to buy multiples of the same item and submit 1 to CDC, 1 Target Circle offer (for example)  and 1 Shopmium offer yet.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I just got an email from Coupons.com informing me that I was in for Shopmium.  

I got the original email for the application for the beta on September 30, completed the same day, and received notification I was accepted today, October 7.

All this being said, the link they gave me to launch from my mobile takes me to Google Play with a message that 'This item isn't available in your country'     So while they say I am in, I'm not really since I can't install.

UPDATE:  (10/8/22 @ 6:30 AM) - I have successfully installed the app now.  I had sent them an email reply mentioning my issue attempting to download the app, but have not heard back.  I continued checking off an on by clicking the provided link, and magically there was an INSTALL button a little bit ago.

0 Likes

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

@Rickibotta 

I guess i was in the "1st wave" of applicants to qualify to beta test Shopmium (my You're In email was 9/1)   When I clicked the link, I was able to download, but the entire app was in French!  The next day I got an email that I was sent the wrong link, so I clicked and got the message you did; that it wasn't available in my country.  There was no contact link or any way to.get in touch with cs, so I deleted the app until it's out of Beta!  

0 Likes