cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count me out

Janet1964
Rewards Advocate

Well count me out for a while. I tested positive for COViD so no shopping for me for a while. I am so sick right now that I don’t even care. I will have to live through all of friends here. Please post your deals so that I can rejoice with you. I  had a great month so far - saving 73%. I missed the weekend bonus and hope that I can be back before the end of the month. But I would never dream of imposing this on anyone. A dumba*s came to work sick on Monday and now 5 people in my office are down so far for the next 2 weeks. Oh the lecture that the other employees got from me on Wednesday morning. And I got sick on Thursday night after work. My results came back this morning but it was no surprise. It hits you like a ton of bricks. My throat got scratchy at 8 pm and by 11 pm I was running a raging fever and coughing my head off. My throat and chest hurt so bad if I even think of coughing. I am allergic to most ingredients in cough syrup, so my boss went to the store and bought the ingredients and mixed up a homemade cough syrup for me and dropped off on my front porch with all the ingredients in case I need more and it definitely helps keep me from coughing and soothes my sore throat. I will be glad to share the recipe if someone needs it. It tastes much better than cough syrup you buy in the store and it’s all natural. Sorry for the long post. I cannot sleep.

66 Replies

Re: Count me out

Mkaczorsee
Deal Sharer

Sending you a big “social distanced” hug for a speedy recovery!!

will add you and family to our prayers!

SaverGirl67

@Janet1964  Oh no!!  I’m so sorry to hear you’re down with Covid. I hope you fully recover quickly. And thank you for doing the right thing and staying home. I’m sure the person who brought it into your office is wracked with guilt now - but if they’d just stayed home they’d have nothing to feel guilty about. Sending all my best healing wishes your way. Hope you can rest soon. 

cjwoody
Core Shopper

@Janet1964  Now is a good time to start consuming all of your Ibotta deals that may be accumulating!  You can still participate here by discussing products, and hopefully you can clear out some room for the new stuff you’ll grab once you’re feeling better and beyond your quarantine window.

Janet1964
Rewards Advocate

@cjwoody 

I have been eating the cr*p out of jumbo snacks. I have been running a fever so scared to consume dairy, so I eat a couple of packs of jumbo snacks dry while drinking water to cool down and soothe my throat.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Janet1964   Wishing you all the best and sending you hugs.  Just know we are all rooting for you to get through this!

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@Janet1964  Sending virtual hugs and ‘real’ warm wishes! ❤️❤️❤️
When I have sore throat, I gurgle with lukewarm water. Also, lemon and ginger in my tea helps.
Take care, rest well and wishing you a speedy and full recovery!

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Super Saver

@Janet1964 I’m very sorry you are sick and hope you have seen the worst of it and are on the mend.  If you get worse, please don’t hesitate to get medical treatment. Keep us posted on how you are.  Take care.

Tikiki
Core Shopper

@Janet1964    I was just searching your name to tell you that I got in on some of the awesome Target deals you posted last week and I saw this.
Please take care of yourself, and as so many have mentioned, seek medical care if necessary. Wishing you a speedy recovery. 💟

Nique
Skilled Saver

Feel better soon @Janet1964. Try to stay calm. I hope you can recover fully at home.