cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVS Beauty Program Changes

kynuna
Rewards Guide

I’m not sure if everyone who’s a CVS shopper is aware of the changes that are about to be instituted to the beauty program. 

So starting in November you will no longer earn $3 extrabucks when you spend $30 on qualifying beauty products, instead once you reach the $30 threshold you will receive a free item of CVS’ choosing (value $3), and you can only receive 1 item per month!! 🙄 

These changes were eluded to a few months back when CVS made other changes including eliminating quarterly extrabucks, and giving them back in penny increments 😀 They announced at that time thst there would be exciting changes coming to the beauty program 🙄 

This is quite a game changer for shoppers like me who can sometimes accumulate as much as $12-$15/WEEK in beauty bucks!!! (It all depends on sales, coupons and CRTS) And I can spend those extrabucks on items which rarely have good coupons  I guess I’m just going to have to change up my spending/saving strategy at CVS  I probably could have built a fence out of all the moneymaker Covergirl twin eyebrow pencils that I’ve purchased over the years 😀

I think the last date to earn beauty bucks is October 29th  

Of course, it’s not unexpected, just disappointing. 

4 Replies

Re: CVS Beauty Program Changes

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

Thanks for the info. This won't affect me as I only buy photo gifts and medicine at CVS, but my mom will be disappointed. I will pass on the update to her so she gets her extra bucks spent before the change.

0 Likes

MelissaR
Skilled Saver

Thanks for the heads up.  I do remember seeing a blurb about upcoming changes a few months ago.   My CVS shopping has taken a huge nose dive the past year or so, and I probably earn $3-$6 in beauty bucks a month now.  Very disappointing. 

0 Likes

DanyelN
Core Shopper

Yep.  Jenny, who runs Southern Savers mentioned that she saw this coming when Walgreens stopped their Beauty Club.  I'm like @kynuna and earn $3 to %6 every week.  Not to mention that my my make up CRTs went from being $3 off $15 to being $7 off $35.  Maybe this will force me to work through my stockpile.  lol

0 Likes

feeshea
Deal Sharer

I haven't bought as much beauty products from CVS in the past year . But I will still miss the occasional beauty buck. This just makes me want to shop less.

0 Likes