cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVS Boo!! Extra Thanks Event Gift OOS. Shocking!

Dean

The CVS Extra Thanks Event is on with an app coupon for a free first aid case but it was OOS at most stores. I was going to CVS anyway for $1.99 Cheerios so I didn’t waste a trip looking for the case. The app showed it out at many area stores, and the only one that showed in stock was at least a 30 minute round trip. Not going there just to find out the app was wrong. The cashier said that they only had one case this morning and the first customer got it. Curious to see how the next two weeks of free gifts go. 

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: CVS Boo!! Extra Thanks Event Gift OOS. Shocking!

kynuna
Core Shopper

I’m not excited about this event at all. My nearest CVS is 20 minutes away, and I only plan to shop once per week to roll my Extrabucks because of the cost of gas. If they have whatever the item of the day is in stock I’ll get it, but I won’t hold my breath. CVS is notorious for holding events where they don’t have nearly enough stock to cover demand. 

0 Likes

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

The app showed me it was oos in my local stores as well. I needed to waste some time so walked through the whole store and figured I’d look. They had two. Nothing really special to write home about, but they did actually have two. I certainly wouldn’t make a special trip for it. This was around 8 in the morning. I have also noticed that their inventory counts are off. I was buying the Witch Hazel the day before and all the local stores only showed one in stock of the scent I like. The one I visited Saturday had 3 or 4, as did the store I was in on Sunday. Both showed one in the app. 

0 Likes

Dean

@Loves2Save 

Inventory counts in most apps are terrible. Recently, my sister wanted to get some Sensodyne toothpaste at Walgreens during a B1G1 40% sale which also had an additional coupon. I checked the app late in the day to order but it would only let me choose one because it said stock was low. I didn’t order any. Later, my sister said she had stopped at the store earlier in the day and got the toothpaste. I told her she must have bought the last because of what I had seen, and she said the shelf was full. Walmart is the worse on inventory counts. Last week, I had some $1.50 Angel Soft coupons, including some for scented rolls. The app showed the store didn’t carry scented rolls so I went with just my coupons for plain rolls. Well, what do I find? Stacks of scented rolls.

BTW, the CVS app shows free melatonin today three times. I wonder if they’ll honor getting three freebies?

B99A1F51-B631-42D7-82BA-6F28F643A194.png

Helpful Links

0 Likes

123Save
Deal Ambassador

I ordered the first aid kit yesterday. At first it said my store was OOS but on the last page of checkout it gave me the option for pick up at my store. It said I’d receive a second email when my order was ready and the ETA was yesterday. It’s still in process…

As for today’s melatonin offer- it was showing OOS for shipping as well as my store at 8a. The app shows other stores available but it’s not allowing pickup orders.

This is my first Extra Thanks event (I’ve saved $1,448 w/ CVS since 2015); looks like it’ll be a messy 2 weeks of offers if the first 2 days are this bad. 

0 Likes

Dean

The freebies list can be found here. I hope they don’t run out of $1 Extrabucks. 

Helpful Links

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

@Dean  Thanks for the schedule Dean. Didn’t know this was a planned event. If I wasn’t killing time on Sunday and didn’t open the app while in the store I’d be non the wiser. 

0 Likes

Shopgirl
Skilled Saver

To my surprise I was able to get both of the offers so far - the nice thing about the case yesterday is that it counted toward spend 12 get 3EB on select first aid - hoping maybe some of the other offers this week will count toward that.  
I think there’s a glitch in the app bc I had read that some were getting multiple offers (and able to redeem each one)  and I see that my free melatonin offer is still there even though I’ve redeemed it!

0 Likes

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

Most of the items on the list I don't need or want, but I may go in tomorrow. CVS recently gave me a coupon for $3.00 off a health care item so I picked up a small bottle of baby oil for free. It's tiny so I wouldn't mind having another one. And I'll run in the two days that have the $1 extrabucks. My store is only 2 miles away, but I'll still pass on most of the offers. Knowing my store there's a good chance they'd be OOS anyway.

0 Likes

Dean

Can’t believe I actually got today’s freebie, a 50ct bottle of acetaminophen. I used the $1 ExtraBucks from Friday to order a box of cereal for pickup. The cereal was still on sale for $1.99. I had to order from a different store since my usual store showed the cereal OOS. I checked for the acetaminophen freebie this morning in the app and it was OOS almost everywhere so I didn’t expect to get it but when I was in the store, I decided to look for myself and there were plenty on the shelf. So with some additional ExtraBucks earnings, I got the cereal for 85¢ and free pain reliever. 

Helpful Links

0 Likes