cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you shop the last day of the month?

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

If you’ve already reached Level 4, other than expiring offers, what are the reasons you might still shop on the last day of the month?

I’ve worked hard to prep several shopping lists and I’m wondering if I should shop some tomorrow (like FAOs & MM), but wait to do the majority on Sunday, August 1st? I’m eager to hear your advice/warnings. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

25 Replies

Re: Do you shop the last day of the month?

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Tikiki 

(To answer your question, if I were you, and you always go for the level 4 each month, I would not go shopping at all unless you need something or offers or sales prices are expiring.   If you just enjoy the hunt, go window shopping.  The FAOs are something you should use when you have something to work towards IMHO)

We all do things differently, don't we?  And that is one of the great things about ibotta.

I don't obsess over the bonuses, especially the monthly ones.    It took me until July 24th to reach level 1 bonus - 40 offers for 50¢.  So I certainly am not trying to get 40 more offers for $1 for level 2.

I did what is,  for me,  a lot yesterday by redeeming 11 offers to lock in my WWB of 15 offers for $5.  I did it to get it out of the way.  Also Meijer sales end on Saturday, and I didn't want to do any shopping today, so I just did that Friday.  And I always hit Kroger again on Tuesday to get any sale items again before the shopping week ends.

I enjoy going to Kroger about every day and most days I buy something; it may just be a loaf of bread, but I always look for marked down meat and the junk aisle.   Sometimes I will spend 2 or 3 hours at Kroger.  It can pass pretty quickly when I am shopkicking or when I am double checking what I am buying to make sure offers are still active and I have my KCB offers clipped.  And I look thru most aisles looking for clearance items.  And I socialize with some of the workers and even random customers.......lol.  So it is my fun for the day at times.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Shopping Enthusiast

I’m planning a quick trip to Dollar General today to use the $5/$25.  Typically I shop there on Saturday every 4-6 weeks. There are a couple of Ibotta offers I will probably get for the savings, but I’ve already completed WW and not even close to completing Level 3.. I’m going shopping at DG today because of their sales and coupon savings.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Be-Bop-A-Lula 

Is it still the same where it works best when you have a printed $5 off $25?   Whenever I used to try the digital one, it would not take off the threshold coupon first.  Truly a frustrating place for me to coupon.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Shopping Enthusiast

@Rickibotta I think you’re right, but haven’t shopped there much in the last year.  The DG app is helpful if you scan each item as you add it to cart.  The sales aren’t always posted in store and the app helps check DC too. My store keeps printed receipts/coupon at the register if you need one.

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Tikiki 

I have not shopped because it is the end of the month and I completed level 4 last week.  The reason I have not shopped is the high number of items required to complete bonuses.  New  monthly level 1 bonus, WWB,  LMB I'll stack as many as possible. Then Monday morning a new MWMM then on Thursday a new WWB will stack with the LMB.  I'm also anticipating additional FAO items to be added.  So app users have started all bonuses are not worthy of the chase.  So any opportunity I can take to stack multiple bonuses is a win for me.  Tomorrow I'm planning on buying 10 items to complete my WWB so each item I buy will count 3 X.  

Seasons change, gray skies will turn blue.

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Shopping Enthusiast

@OBSHOP 

BeBopALula_0-1627735487651.gif

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@Tikiki  I’m no where near of reaching either of the current bonuses ($5/18 and $10/42), so giving those up. I’m only 4 away from Level 1 (I know, sad), so I’m planning to hunt for freebies and/or use my earnings for gift cards today.
@OBSHOP  You ROCK! You must have an amazing stockpile.

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@Be-Bop-A-Lula  Your video captures my sentiment - exactly!🏅 

I hope ibotta will eventually make an improvement on how these posts display, so when you click reply on someone’s post, your comment would display right beneath it. It’s a pretty standard feature in the other forums I participate.
Since everything lists in a chronological order here, even though you’re replying specifically on someone’s post and tagging that person, it could be separated by other posts and become unclear what the reply was about. 

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Tikiki if it's the last day of the month, you finished your Level 3 or 4 and Weekend Whiteboard/Warrior AND you DON'T have a bonus to chase that is expiring at midnight or the wee hours the following Monday morning, then take a vacation from Ibotta shopping, save your spending for the next week's Midweek Marker/Money Maker and potential new mid-range or marathon bonus AND, with the new month starting tomorrow, start the Level 1 chase on Monday 

I'm now just TWO offers away from my Weekend Whiteboard (15/$3) and even if $3 isn't such a big deal, I might as well chase it. I would be just a quarter into my Level 4 but this late in the month I'm not bothering. 

I'm also just under a quarter of a way to my Lunch Money bonus (46/$10).  I'm not going to rush or hyper rush to it when I have over a week to get there and thus earn my Midweek Marker/Money Maker and Weekend Whiteboard/Warrior on the way