cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does withdrawing IR earnings to gift card count as an unique offer redeemed? Any limit? TY!

swallow
Skilled Saver

I'm think about buying Walmart gift card to earn a unique offer toward my bonus progress. Am I wrong to assume so? If not, what's the daily/weekly limit on gift card purchase? Could I redeem it 2x or buying 2 cards on the same day to earn 2 unique offers? Or do I need to wait until the next day to buy another? Please kindly advise ASAP! Your timely & generous help is greatly appreciated!

And I assume that I'll get an e-gift card similar to the card received from SB?

0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Does withdrawing IR earnings to gift card count as an unique offer redeemed? Any limit? TY!

Amckinney7
Core Shopper

@swallow yes, it's a unique offer. I have no idea if there is a limit 

0 Likes

Re: Does withdrawing IR earnings to gift card count as an unique offer redeemed? Any limit? TY!

swallow
Skilled Saver

@Amckinney7 Thanks for your speedy confirmation 👍

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@swallow yes, $250/24 hr limit 

0 Likes

swallow
Skilled Saver

@Icequeen813 Thanks for your quick feed back👍 So if I buy 10 of the $25 gift cards to max out the $250 daily limit, could I earn 10 unique offers? 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

Withdrawing your earnings to a gift card does not count towards bonuses.

However, Buying gift cards from the Home page does.  And you can use your earnings. Most are now $20 or more, but you also earn a percentage back.

Dean

@swallow 

Someone can correct me on this but I think withdrawing and buying a gift card are two different things, and only buying a gift card results in a percentage earning. I’ve never gotten an earning when withdrawing to gift cards. 

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Dean  It used to count, I’m not sure now. I used to buy 20/$5 WM GC to pay for non rebate items & they were counted as unique offers, so did Longhorn Steakhouse GC & % to pay for dinner.. The minimum was $10 /GC. 

0 Likes

AshbobSanDiego
Rewards Guide

This was my old hack to complete bonuses when gift cards were $5 (we spend about $15/day at Starbucks in our family).  Now that they are a $20 min. the hack is not effective to hit bonuses. It’s taken all the fun out of ibotta for me. 
And yes, withdrawing earnings to a gift card do not count towards redeeming a unique offer that counts towards a bonus. You need to Purchase the gift card but you can apply existing earning and get a percentage of the purchase back into your account. . Not sure why anyone would withdraw earnings to a gift card?  There is no benefit at all. 

Dean

@AshbobSanDiego 

I would withdraw to gift cards because I don’t chase bonuses so it didn’t matter to me. Plus there’s no option to buy Amazon GCs (and possibly others) but can withdraw to them. 

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

0 Likes