cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DOLLAR AND A QUARTER TREE

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  I forgot where I read your post re:Fererro Rocher .It’s  not French , it’s Italian confectionery company 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Icequeen813 

Yes I know.  Thanks for mentioning it as well.  But if you recall, I was just guessing before I googled it. 

Remember when we used to have to ask each other things like this.  But now everyone can just google it, and it sort of ruins a lot of the nuance conversations brought about.  At least I guessed it was candy  🤣  I knew a fancy candy would be something in your wheelhouse though.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Dean  Are you a Florida Gator?

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Saipan  Rocher is French for rock. Fererro named his confection for grotto  at Lourdes.He also invented Nutella!

0 Likes

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

We have a store called "five below" ....everything is 5 bucks or less. Bigger store with better items and selections... sort of like  a dollar tree mixed with a Spencer's store mixed with a souvenir shop. Basically cheap randomness. I think they actually merged with dollar tree a few years ago. We still have dollar tree stores as well. Currently, they are still a buck!

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@MeLMeL11   We have Five Below also - exactly as you described, but although they do have $1 items, they are pretty hit-or-miss and I don't know if I submitted a receipt from them if it would get credited.  Worth a try though - thanks for the idea.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

Well at least SB came through quickly and I received my $3.00 on the sugar free Werthers, so that was the high point of the morning so far.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

Went to my local Dollar Tree and everything was $1.25.  I didn't find the Suave Hand Soap, either.

Just a little bit depressing when the "cheap" store raises all their prices 25%.  Now that's inflation.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@mmoore01  I'm with you.  I asked the cashier if she was getting a 25% salary increase.  She said not likely but I could email the company if I wanted to.  Walmart has the Suave body wash for .97 as compared to Dollar Tree which is now $1.25.  That is now 28% higher (if I did the math right).

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mmoore01 

IMHO, DT screwed the pooch on this one.  I think they should have went with the Dollar Tree Plus model they have successfully done in some places.  Everything being a dollar is what set them apart.  I hope DG lowers as many things as they can now to $1 to undercut DT.  DT should have tried to keep all of their existing products $1 and brought in new items with $3 and $5, or even $2.

FWIW, my stores are still a buck, so I need to hit them before the price hike.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes