cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't you hate it?

DanyelN
Skilled Saver

Have you ever grabbed something off the shelf in the store and by not grabbing the one in front you grabbed the wrong thing?  Over the years I have done this SOOO many times.  Alternatively you grab 2 and only the front one is the variety you meant to grab.  it's my own fault for not checking but this week it bit me in the butt on an Ibotta offer.  It was for only specific flavors and I needed to buy 2 so I grabbed 2 but because I did not check as I tossed them in my buggy I only ended up with ONE that was the correct variety.  I was mad at myself  but what can you do?  lol

8 Replies

Re: Don't you hate it?

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

Oh yes, I have done this myself on more than one occasion. Every time I tell myself "lesson learned" and I won't make the same mistake again. And for awhile I'm good, but then while in rush.... I do it again. SMH Glad to know I'm not the only one. And since it's my fault, I just take the hit.

SaverGirl67

I try to be careful- but no one is perfect.

Luckily there are always new offers to focus on but if it is a big offer I do pout a bit before moving on. Lol

Modelgurl26
Rewards Guide

Due to my current health condition I am only able to shop online for my husband to pick up so have not been running into that issue. I have in the past though! Many times lol. Now I just have the issue of the store we are shopping online not having items but this seems to be an issue in many places!

emouse
Deal Sharer

I've done that more than once! 😔 Fortunately it's been for items at Whole Foods, which is within walking distance for me. I just suck it up and return and repurchase the correct items. I just explain that I need the items on the same receipt for a rebate if they question why I'm returning both items and not just the incorrect one and it's not a problem. Whether or not they call me crazy after I leave, I don't know. 😆

0 Likes

Kmkdenali
Deal Sharer

Misery loves company! I just lost out on a  Purdue deal AND Purdue bonus. Because of supply chain issues, my local Walmart was wiped out of so much meat including Purdue breaded chicken nuggets. I had one more offer for cash back  in order to get the bonus. I needed to purchase two packages, but they only had one! One lonely, picked over, tossed aside package of “nuggies.” Bummer. That was nearly a week ago, and I still randomly think about that throughout my day. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I had a different Purdue issue.   One of the basketball variety.

We had not lost to our bitter rival, the team whose name shall not be spoken, for 2,161 days.  That was nearly 6 years and 9 games ago.   Then last night it happened.     This is a loss that will stick with me all year.

But I also share your pain with the store.

Your suffering is with 'shot fowl' and mine is attributed to 'foul shots', missed ones by my Boilermakers last night.   7 of 7 from the charity stripe won't cut it.

(I took poetic license above a bit for affect........I apoligize, but nonetheless we both still hurt)

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

I have done this several times.  

The other one that gets me is when I buy only one and the Ibotta offer says I need to buy 2.

Each time, I take the items back to Walmart and have them refunded.  Then I go back and buy the ones I need.  i have never had any trouble and Walmart only asks if there is something wrong with the item.  I say no, it wasn't what I wanted.

Of course, I am at Walmart just about every day, so it isn't that hard for me to take it back.

0 Likes

Nique
Rewards Advocate

I have made those mistakes.

Tried to fulfill a “Buy 2” rebate, but only scanned one item, only to find out after checking out that the second item wasn’t a match. I scan my receipts before leaving the store, so returned and repurchased then and there.

A couple of weeks ago I bought 1 Core bar, not realizing it was a BOGO offer until I’d checked out. I redeemed an FAO Core bar offer at the same time. Lesson learned—go slower next time and pay better attention. Customer Service was closed—it wasn’t even late. They should be open as long as the store is open, but that’s another topic. I returned to the store two other times, but they were out of that variety, so I just had to “eat” my mistake. At least it was on sale.

0 Likes