cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Duplicate Submission?

armack
Shopper

Has anyone else ever been told by support that your rebate was denied because the receipt was submitted by another saver even though it couldn't have been?

On Sunday, 9/12/21 I submitted a receipt from Whole Foods for two Not Milk that qualified for the $5.99 BOGO Ibotta rebate. It was stuck on processing for a full seven days and yesterday (Monday, 9/20/21) I submitted a ticket to see what the problem was. Today they responded and told me "Thank you for reaching out. We reviewed your receipt and verified it has already been submitted by another Saver."

The problem is that this is impossible. I only have one Ibotta account. I submitted the receipt from my car in the parking lot less than ten minutes after my transaction. When I got home, I placed the receipt on my desk where it's still sitting. I was shopping alone and I live alone, so no one else would have access to the receipt to submit themselves.

Has anyone else had this happen? I'm trying to figure out whether this is a glitch on Ibotta's part or whether the cashier somehow submitted my receipt and scammed me.

0 Likes
14 Replies

Re: False Duplicate Submission?

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

How did you submit your ticket?  If you used another email address than your Ibotta email, they could have thought you were a different person.

I usually submit my tickets from within Ibotta, but some people could simply email them directly.

0 Likes

armack
Shopper

I submitted it through the app... I clicked on the (at the time) pending receipt and then the question mark button and then "Report an Issue". Same way I've dealt with missing items in the past.

I've submitted hundreds of receipts over the years and have never had this happen, which is the strange thing... And thus why I'm wondering if either something is wrong on Ibotta's end or the cashier defrauded me.

I responded to the ticket so hopefully they'll get back to me with more information... I was mostly just wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen and what the solution was.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@armack 

Are you saying you opened a ticket thru a pending receipt?

If so, the care team may have gotten confused and meant to say it was a duplicate receipt or something.

If you did submit a ticket via a pending receipt, don't do that.   You need to wait for them to work the ticket.

To answer your question, I have never had this happened.  Hopefully they will respond favorably to your ticket.  

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

cjwoody
Super Saver

@Rickibotta  Interesting guidance.  I did the same thing as @armack  twice in the past month for “stuck” pending tickets - also interestingly, both times at Whole Foods.  The Care Team quickly pushed them through citing the tickets were stuck.

I am curious as to whether the Care Team will be able to identify which account submitted the receipt prior to @armack (if that’s really what occurred in the system).

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@cjwoody 

I just would never think to open a ticket for something pending.

But I have never tried it, so you know more about this than I do.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@cjwoody   I’ve done as you and @armack described (submitting a ticket by pressing the question mark and then “Report an Issue”) for uncomplicated, stuck receipts. It works better than opening a traditional long form ticket for simple matters. The long form is better when the issue is more complicated and requires photos and supporting narrative. Just my limited experience…

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@LaraL 

Seems OP went thru care team and received an answer that OP says is impossible.  Can you verify this receipt was redeemed by a user other than @armack, or did something get lost in the explanation.

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

I have no way to verify that, my access to these systems is very limited as I don't work on the Care team. Your best bet is to voice your concern with the Care team through the ticket.

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

I have had wholefoods stuck receipt also.  And it seems to be happening recently.  I also submit ticket thru the app "report issue" from the ? In the corner of the pending offer.  Ironically you can tell the ones that might get stuck (the ones where cashiers slightly tear a corner of the receipt accidently but everything is there it being stuck more then a day).  I normally wait and will send ticket if the bonus is expiring soon to prove my timely submission just in case.  

I always send all my support with the ticket response just to save back and forth time as it may take a day or two for them to respond.  This really helps to save the rep time.

I guess you can explain that there can't be duplicate receipt and ask kindly for them to compare them.  I'm sure your credit card, date of purchase and time will be different.