cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Lion Receipt

charstph
Rewards Hunter

I shopped at Food Lion, then I came to Ibotta to scan my receipt. I found out you have to link your MVP Card and get offers that way, not scan receipts!  So now I'm out my money for the items I bought! Why can't you scan receipts???? 🤷🏼‍♀️

4 Replies

Re: Food Lion Receipt

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@charstph 

Did you add the offers to your account before you shopped?  

After you link, you will need to make sure you do so before shopping.

If there are things in your account that are ibotta offers, you can return them and repurchase after linking your acount

Regarding why you have to link, nobody here will really know the answer to that for sure, but it likely has to do with the contract ibotta has with each retailer.   There are possibly requirements ibotta has regarding receipt layouts that maybe retailers don't meet.  Or perhaps retailers have a choice and simply don't choose to participate in offering receipt submission.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Kristymm21
Deal Sharer

If you have your card linked and your offers clipped then you still might get credit.  It usually takes ibotta 24+ hours to process food lion receipts. Of course i would also send in a ticket explaining your situation.

0 Likes

ReedPhillipsRad
Rewards Hunter

I'm here for the similar. I don't have a Food Lion MVP card because I am at family for the holiday.

Unless I misinterpreted the original post, the answers below the answers below do not help. The answers assume there is an MVP card.

How  Can I turn in products and receipts without an MVP card? Not having that ability is a MAJOR FAIL on @Ibotta part

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@ReedPhillipsRad 

If it is like Kroger, you should have an alternate id, perhaps your cell phone number.  

The loyalty account number is how ibotta links to many merchants.  

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes