cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye 20 dollar cash out to GC minimum- Yaaayy

Savingcraze
Skilled Saver

Just cashed out to GC (without debit linked) and there's a button for minimum of $5!! Seems there's no more $20 minimum!!? Can also choose your full Ibotta balance, to the cent, which is what I chose $22.14. Plus there was other options! It gave me $0.11 cash back!! I'm excited about the changes! 

This was gift card option, with out debit card. 

Is anyone seeing this with other cash out options, such as to PayPal, bank account, etc? 

@LaraL is this a test run, or are the new options here to stay? I hope it's permanent! 

0 Likes
20 Replies

Re: Goodbye 20 dollar cash out to GC minimum- Yaaayy

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Ummm, I don't think that's intentional. Let me ask.

Savingcraze
Skilled Saver

Interesting, thanks, @LaraL

0 Likes

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@Savingcraze , as far as I’m aware, this isn’t new. Cashing out to gift cards there is no minimum amount you need in your account. Different gift cards have different minimum amounts that you can get, though. For example, Walmart is a minimum of $10. Starbucks is a minimum of $5. ☺️

Kelbybo824
Rewards Hunter

I can’t get my cash out. To PayPal or Chime. Can you help? Thx

0 Likes

Savingcraze
Skilled Saver

@Mikosmama thx for responding, for me it has always been a $20 min for a Walmart GC. Today was the first time other options were available, so it really got my attention! 

mmoore01
Deal Master

If I understand the original post from @Savingcraze , they were amazed that they could buy a gift card for as little as $5 using their Ibotta earnings.

This has been around for months.

On the Home page, select Gift Cards (formally Pay with Ibotta).  You can select any amount from the listed minimum to $250 max per day across all gift cards.  Each gift card purchased earns a percentage back.  It also counts towards bonuses.

The nice thing about this is you can use your Ibotta earnings instead of a debit card.  This is another way to get your earnings.

mmoore01
Deal Master

Update:

Be aware that there is a difference between BUYING gift cards and WITHDRAWING to a gift card.

Unless they have changed this (and I don't see anything in the app that has changed), these are different.

Buying a Gift Card with your earnings give you a percentage back and a count towards bonuses.

Withdrawing to a Gift Card does not and requires a $20 minimum.

Savingcraze
Skilled Saver

@mmoore01 thx for clarifying the terminology.

I withdraw to WM GC, more than a year now. Today a new button says "now with cash back. " Never before have I gotten cash back on withdrawal to GC. 

Seems like maybe there's been an update put through, is my best guess. 

0 Likes

SoCalHal
Core Shopper

Everything is the same as it’s always been on my account. For me, the Walmart GC minimum is $10. I’ve been getting them since March, and always received the 0.5% back for doing so. I went ahead and tried $5 just now, but received the reminder that it must be between $10-$250. 
But, yes, there are some GCs where the minimum is $5. I once did Big Lots with those terms. 
9EDD0867-6C21-4973-9F5A-42D8FB78FC96.png

0 Likes