cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grocery Store and Education Programs

KM06
Skilled Saver

I do not have kids, I have a niece and three nephews.  I also have family members who teach, so I am always looking for ways to support schools. 

I shop at Harris Teeter and have signed up for TIE (Together In Education).  TIE is a program where you link your VIC card to the school(s) of your choice and when you buy Harris Teeter brand products the school(s) get a percentage of that price.  There is no limit to how much your school can earn.  They also have a partnership with the Carolina Hurricanes if you use the school name when you buy tickets the PTA gets money!

Lowes Foods has a similar program called Cart 2 Class.  You link your Lowes Foods card to the school(s) of your choice and when you buy Lowes Foods brand products the school(s) get a portion of $250,000.  

I also donate my Coke codes to the elementary school my niece and nephews go to.  You can also donate the codes to Cause Partners like the USO, Red Cross and others.

I also use the BoxTop app.  I was wondering if other grocery stores have programs like this.  If there are any teachers or family/friends reading this are there other ways that I could support schools? Thanks for any information.

3 Replies

Re: Grocery Store and Education Programs

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

@KM06 Great topic! If you are an Amazon shopper you can make your purchases through Amazon Smile and choose the cause you would like to support. I have mine set to benefit Down Syndrome Association of Atlanta, but there are all kinds of charities to choose from (not sure about schools however). Kroger does this as well. You can link your shopper's card to benefit a specific cause (DSAA for me once again) and they give a percentage of your purchase total to whatever charity you select. 

KM06
Skilled Saver

@mom2furkids  Thanks, unfortunately I don't do Amazon but I will pass that along to family and friends.  

KM06
Skilled Saver

Ingles has Tools for Schools.  According to the website you sign up and all purchases count! The school can use the money to buy computers, furniture and other classroom supplies. 

0 Likes