Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

BCD8AD78-479D-48C2-B968-284145AAB960.jpeg

 Would it be weird to hand out full tubes of toothpaste this year? 🎃

31 Replies

Re: Halloween Candy Alternative?

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@Sorensoj  I saw that this morning and made me laugh!😂 Reminded me of an old Adam Sandler movie, ‘Big Daddy’. I won’t spoil for those who haven’t seen it yet but it’s a pretty funny bit.  

cjwoody
Rewards Advocate

@Sorensoj  I should add toothpaste to my September watchlist… I am down to only 87 tubes 🤣🤣🤣

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@cjwoody  Wow, I wonder how many life times of toothpastes would that be? I think it’s a good idea to pair up candies with toothpaste, though. Maybe add dental floss, too? Wait - sometimes, those are more expensive than a toothpaste!

cjwoody
Rewards Advocate

@Xiao  It’s actually all going overseas to be donated.  I have been filling this 24 x 18 x 24 box since May.  This is where all the freebies and moneymakers go - the items I won’t use, that is.  Just need to sort the items into smaller boxes and send this baby off!  No clue how much it weighs, but I know can’t lift it by myself.

745BEE71-6DDD-4CD9-98AF-D9F95910F891.jpeg

TXbelle
Skilled Saver

@cjwoody 

This is my box for my local "food" bank. The air quotes is because they distribute lots more than just food. Good part is I just have to get it in my Prius and drive about 7 miles. I go through my stash and if I have too much of something, I put extras in the box (I check the expiration dates and keep the old stuff for us). This works for me. Husband sometimes thinks he wants to keep some snack items but generally he forgets about them. So I pack those up too.

IMG_20210907_142042787.jpg

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

@TXbelle @cjwoody  your boxes are so inspiring as donations.  What a beautiful way to “pay it forward” to others.  Thanks for sharing your pictures! 

Xiao
Deal Ambassador

@Sorensoj  Agree with everything you said. @cjwoody @TXbelle  You are truly amazing - thank you for sharing your post with pic!😇🙏

Kswitzer77
Saver

You'll be able to tell by the kids reaction if they like it or not. I usually give out full size candy bars. One year I ran out of candy bars so I gave out cans of soup. I'm sure a lot of the Mom's thought I was cuckoo. Lol 😂

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

@Kswitzer77   at least you gave them something when you ran out of candy!