cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Give Streaming Services as Gifts

Dean

I came across this article about gifting streaming services while looking for discounted Netflix cards. Netflix and Paramount+ allow adding gift cards to extend current subscriptions, so discounted cards are a good way to save money. If you want to gift a service, or want to get one for yourself, check out the suggestions in this article. But don’t forget about the free trial subscriptions some of these services offer.

https://www.vulture.com/article/how-to-gift-netflix-hbo-max-hulu-disney-apple-tv-amazon-prime.html

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
5 Replies

Re: How to Give Streaming Services as Gifts

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

@Dean 

I purchased an annual Disney + subscription at Target yesterday as a gift for a family member and even though I was not allowed to use the recently purchased discounted Target GC to pay the $79.99, I was given the 5% discount by using the Target debit card.

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

This is a good idea. My husband would love a gift subscription to a service like Netflix. Thanks for posting this idea. I never would have thought of getting him one otherwise.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

You can also get an annual pass for Spotify for $99 at various places such as Best Buy and Amazon.  These only work on individual plans.  

Spotify also has plans for two users or family for different monthly amounts

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Dean

@Sorensoj 

Good to know that tip to save a few dollars. I wish Target allowed using gift cards to purchase other gift cards. I'm still searching for Netflix gc discounts but Target is always a good choice. Used to be that discounted Netflix cards were easy to find. I used to pay with those for years.

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

I would not recommend purchasing a Netflix card via EBAY.  I have tried twice, and both times the code ended up being stolen or something, and it ended up being a mess.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes