cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hulu Ad-Supported - 99¢ Per Month for a Year (Deal Expires 11/29)

Rickibotta
Deal Master

DEAL VALID THRU NOVEMBER 29

https://www.hulu.com/gma?u1=86ab98744c8611ecb5682a70558bfcd60INT&id=lw9MynSeamY

• For new users,  or eligible existing customers who have been out of plan for 30 days.
  • Deal is for only Hulu ad-supported, and is not applicable to any bundles.
  • Price will be 99¢ / month for 12 months, and then will automatically change to $6.99 / month. 

• If your plan is currently active, you can create a new account with different email addy and/or payment method to take advantage of this offer.
  • If your plan is currently active, and you don't want to hassle with creating a new account with different email addy and/or payment method, you can try to cancel your membership, and it should prompt you with a retention offer of $2.99 for six months. 

Hulu ad-supported is not bad at all for movies.   Movies will have very few, if any, ads.  My experience with shows, is that ads are not as bad as regular television.    This deal is a no-brainer for $12 a year.

I use the REELGOOD app to see what services a particular movie or show is available on.  It tracks what I have watched, and what I want to watch across all services.  If you use REELGOOD or similar, you often may find a particular movie or show is only on HULU.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
6 Replies

Re: Hulu Ad-Supported - 99¢ Per Month for a Year (Deal Expires 11/29)

Dean

I saw this earlier on another site and they mention that returning customers must have cancelled at least three months ago. I cancelled mine last month but it's effective cancellation date is 11/28/21, which is one day before this new deal expires. I subscribed to the 99¢ deal three years ago, then let it go for a year. Last year I got the $1.99. I'm surprised to see that it's back to 99¢. I might try to get this new deal but the truth is that I hardly watch Hulu. I got it mostly because it was cheap and I watch The Handmaid's Tale. There was also some planned Marvel shows like Ghost Rider that were going to be on Hulu but Disney cancelled those plans. I might have watched about two hours of shows in the last three months. Still, it's a great deal for 99¢ so I might get it anyway. There's some other good deals on other services as well.

Question: Do you think this new offer can be ordered through Ibotta and get a $1 back?

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

I believe eligible returnees must have been gone for 30 days.   I also cancelled 3 weeks ago, but it would't' be effective until like the 28th.  So that means I would not meet the requirements until December 29th even though I canceled on November 4th.   

I mostly watch it for movies.   I think an average 'half hour' show has about 4 or 5 minutes of commercials.   When I do watch shows, I simply check things on my phone during the commercials, go to the bathroom, go get a snack etc.  The commercials do not drive me as crazy as they do others.

I also did the 99¢ deal, then two years of $1.99, and was surprised to see 99¢ again.  My son used his credit card/email addy last year.   I merely used the same credit card/email addy I did two years ago and I had no issues.  Others report needing to change one, the other, or even both.

I have no idea about the $1 deal.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Zombie
Core Shopper

@Rickibotta @Dean is this 99¢ per month (or $1.99) a regular Black Friday deal that Hulu offers every year?

I've been using the ad-supported version of Hulu for several years now. It helps me fall asleep at night, so I mentally categorize it as a "sleep supplement" for budgeting purposes lol

Unfortunately I can't take advantage of this offer.. a month or two ago, Hulu announced that they were increasing their prices by $1. So right before it increased, I signed up for a 1-year subscription (both to lock in the lower rate for the next year, plus paying for a year is $1 cheaper per month than paying monthly - so I'd be saving $2 per month for the next year).

But I'm definitely wanting to know more about this 99¢ deal for the sake of future planning.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Zombie 

They have done it for 4 years:  99¢ the 1st year,  then $1.99 each of the last 2 years,  and 99¢ again this year.

They likely will have some deal a day or two before Thanksgiving next year as well, likely $1.99.  but you may need a different funding source and email addy to get the deal at that time.

0 Likes

Dean

@Zombie  Ibotta also had deals for Hulu through the year so that might continue but nothing as good as this deal. Mark your calendar for next year in case they have another Black Friday special. Whether it’s 99¢ or $1.99, it’s still a good deal if you use it regularly. I resubscribed to Netflix at the lowest price after canceling at the beginning of the year. I used to pay with discounted gift cards but haven’t found any recently. I wish more streaming services allowed you to pay with gift cards. Actually, I wish they were like subscriptions for PlayStation Plus and Now. They allow stacking subscriptions at any time so that you can buy multiple yearly plans at current prices. PlayStation Plus yearly subscriptions are on sale right now for $39.99, which saves $20. But they go on sale every Thanksgiving so maybe stacking isn’t necessary. But it could go up in price. Unfortunately, PS Now isn’t on sale at that’s the one I’d rather have. 

0 Likes

Dean

I created a new account and paid with a bank debit card. I didn’t know that they accepted debit cards as well as PayPal and Venmo. So I’m good for another year. I forgot to go through Ibotta so I missed out on getting a buck back. Oh well. 

0 Likes