cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane Ian Hits Landfall

Icequeen813
Deal Master

Ibotta  “friends”  please check in !  Lots of rain& wind gusts here in Brandon/Valrico, no power outages. Fort Myers w 100 mph wind gusts, over 600,00 w/o power.

0 Likes
15 Replies

Re: Hurricane Ian Hits Landfall

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I'm hoping those who were told to evacuate did so.  I've been following Jim Cantore all day and watching him struggle to stay vertical.

I'm thinking of all of you and hope you stay safe and avoid property damage as well.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Rickibotta  I left Fort Myers  Beach Sunday. At that time it was headed my way 135 mi away. I just have wind gusts & lots of rain, I’ve drained 10 inches from swimming pool in  less than 24 hrs.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

@Icequeen813 

Swimming Pool?  I guess you were expecting more rain to fill it back up.  Hope you can swim in it soon.

We have had rain off an on.  Haven't seen the sun, but it has tried to peek out a few times.  I suspect we will get more tomorrow.  I am working remotely, so I hope we don't loose power like we did a few years ago.

Take care and stay safe.

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@mmoore01i haven’t been in that pool in years, I’m a beach girl .I left Fort Myers on Sunday.Wind has picked up here, expecting 25 inches of rain

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813  I just wanted to stop in and check on all our Florida friends! Hope everyone is staying safe!  Know you are in our thoughts!  The images online are downright awful!

0 Likes

KM06
Skilled Saver

@Icequeen813 and all those in Florida, hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.  The noon news is showing pics and video of Florida and it looks bad.  They gave an update and said the eye of Ian has just left Florida, hope you guys get plenty of sunshine soon.  

Hoping that those in GA, SC and NC stay safe as the storm gets closer.  I know parts of NC are under a Tropical Storm Warning from 11am Thurs lasting about 36 hours.  

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

F8C14D0F-AFE2-4C84-BED7-638CDD8EADE4.jpeg

 paddle boarding in the streets a mile from Downtown Orlando 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

We lost power at 12:30 am Thursday morning.  My nephew came over at 10 am and hooked up a brand new generator.  No air conditioning, but the temperature dropped into the mid 60's, so we survived.

Power came back up at 6 pm and I disconnected the generator.

As of right now, no damage, but our internet is still out.  Hopefully, it will come back soon.  We stream all TV, so it's been interesting to find things to do.

0 Likes

Saipan
Deal Expert

Glad to hear y'all managed it through.

* I drove a Countryman one time, decent ride. 

0 Likes