cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hurricane Ian Hits Landfall

SaverGirl67

I’m still here! Lol. I lost power for about 1 1/2 days so triaging my refrigerator (but have to say it maintained it’s temp pretty good)  The insurance people were here yesterday and my life is going to be messy for a while. I need

New flooring on the entire 1st floor

my oriental carpets cleaned

my ceilings repaired in the living room, master, and garage

a new fence

and my roof repaired

But it could have been so much worse and my heart goes out to the people in Naples and Ft Myers. Glad to hear you all stayed safe! Xoxo 

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67  Omg, Stuff can be replaced, you’re safe that’s what is important! 

SaverGirl67

@Icequeen813  So true. I have wood floors which are buckling like mad because they absorbed so much water so I’ll probably replace them with tile. (I prefer the look of wood but just doesn’t seem practical for FL).  

It’s a hassle to replace everything but definitely not the end of the world. No one got hurt and the house is still sound so I’m not complaining. Glad to hear you’re safe. 

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67  I left Fort Myers last Sunday morning Ian was heading my way(Tampa)  Brandon wanted me to come to his home (Delaney Park)  I didn’t want to evacuate to Orlando I-4 on any other day is tedious! He  got power back yesterday, no damage to home. Travis in Windermere, no damage..BTW , Travis  made a career change, teaching 8th grade US  history at Southwest Middle School & is the girl’s soccer coach.

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67  I have hardwood floors also! & traditional furniture…. can’t take the New England out of me

0 Likes

SaverGirl67

@Icequeen813   Lol. I’m originally from PA. Tile is only for bathrooms in my mind. But I replaced the wood flooring several years ago because of minor damage from another storm - so it just doesn’t seem worth it to replace it after every storm. I have Spanish marble in the master bath and all I had to do was clean it and it’s perfect.

Sigh. I’ll need to find something that doesn’t make me feel like I’m living in a big bathroom. Lol 

0 Likes