cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ibotta Desktop Notifications? Whoa whoa whoa!

Dean

I just saw the blog post Keep Track of Your Earnings with Desktop Notifications. It's about getting notifications about pending cash back and earnings. First, the hyperlink to sign up is missing. Second, browser notifications are annoying. But most importantly, why PC browser notifications for a mobile app? Wouldn't it make more sense to get those notifications on mobile devices? I know there's a push to use the browser extension but I think most people spend the majority of their time with the apps. I wish there was more available to do with Ibotta on a PC. I'm not aware of these types of notifications being available on the app so I may be wrong about this whole thing. I just don't see the need for this.

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Ibotta Desktop Notifications? Whoa whoa whoa!

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

I would love for this to work for me.  Then I could cut/paste them somewhere if I like.

I don't use the extension,  I have tried to add to my chrome notifications, but I am not sure it will work without the extension; I added https://www.ibotta.com but I am not even sure that is what it needs anyway.....lol.

Are you saying you don't get the notifications to your mobile like when you get paid, etc?

ACCOUNT/SETTINGS/PREFERENCES/PUSH

(All mine are selected, aren't yours.  I assumed this was the default)

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Dean

I get mobile notifications. My point was that Ibotta is adding features to a platform that most people don’t use since their main product is a mobile app. It would be great if they had a PC experience to complement the app. HEB and Walgreens allow selecting store coupons on the web and app. Ibotta should be able to do the same. It would also be nice if Ibotta could modernize the apps. Fetch, CO51, and SK apps are able to use the full screen and improvements of modern phones. Ibotta still looks like it’s being built for 7 year old phones. BTW I have a 7 year old phone and it runs modern apps just fine. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

Sorry.  I misunderstood.

You said "I'm not aware of these types of notifications being available on the app".

I thought that meant you did not get any notifications on your mobile device.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Dean

Got an email about this today.

11843B4E-A7F3-4DE9-AFF2-9FFBCF81DB03.png

0 Likes