cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ideas for Board Changes in 2022

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Dean  Some great ideas - I also think some boards like In-Crowd should be closed as this is no longer pertinent.  I also have a small gripe about some subject lines - I think that some subjects are just random word (and many of us are guilty of it) - 

If you shopped at Walmart and want to share - Say so - Great trip - Walmart deals 12-29-21 (instead of saying "Wowza").  

Try to go back to an old thread and continue a conversation instead of starting a new one.  Biggest problem is "locked out"  "can't withdraw" - maybe if there is a new subject line set up each week pinned to the top, it will help cut down on this.  

I know with ASP - we all try to go back to an old post to share when there is a new survey.  We need to start doing more of that if we can.  We did it with the Energizer offers and also with Philadelphia.  

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@Dean I just went in and disabled the Teammates board.

@SaverGirl67 I actually asked Khoros just that, if we can suppress posts from the Help boards in the Community Activity feed on the home page. Our account rep hasn't found a resolution yet, and I'm worried that the answer will be "No it's not possible".

I could make a board that only fresh accounts can post new threads, however these would still show up in the feed. Another idea is to make it so fresh accounts that make a post have to be approved by a mod first. While they're pending approval we (especially myself) could go in and reject them and provide a link where the question is already answered.

EDIT: In-Crowd board is now closed as well.

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@FelskyNY great idea. I could pin a lockout thread in the Featured Topics section, but I cannot pin anything to the top of the Community Activity feed. It's also possible to pin threads in the individual board pages but I'm not sure how many people are actually visiting those before posting their "cannot withdraw" questions.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@LaraL 

Why don't you move the whole  OFF TOPIC folder subordinate to DEALS.

Then someone can just select DEALS, and it should then show all recent posts that are not LEARN IBOTTA , HELP, or BETA TESTING.

That would require no changes to the community feed.   And you then make a choice as a user.

You either track new posts via:

• Community activity. <or>
  • Deals
“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

We could do that, however Off Topic is a category, so what we'd be doing is removing it entirely and putting all the boards (Recipes, Discuss Products, Tips & Tricks, From Ibotta, & Micellaneous) under Deals.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@LaraL 

Can you not have an OFF TOPIC as a folder still show up under DEALS?  And it still cascades to the individual subfolders?

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Dean

@FelskyNY 

That's another thing I was thinking about. Even with regulars, there's a lot of small posts, with things like updating about shopping trips. Is it really necessary to start new posts about each store shopped? And I see a lot of these in different boards instead of Hauls & Wins. I get that people want to share but place it in the right board. @Rickibotta posted a reply 2 or 3 months ago how Deals was for Ibotta only offers and Deal Stacking was for offers that stacked with Ibotta offers. I honestly didn't know that so I started posting in Miscellaneous for non-Ibotta offers. That's what made me start thinking about detailed descriptions for the boards. I know this is an Ibotta board but people share deals about Kroger, SK, WAGS, and others, so where should they go?

One other idea I had was to maybe have something like mini-blogs for some experienced shoppers. I'm not sure how that would work or if it's possible but maybe that might appeal to some regulars.

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Just tested it out and yeah actually, it seems like we could do that. If others are interested in doing it this way I can make the change.

0 Likes

Dean

I think moving Off Topic would just make things messier. Although Tips and Tricks might be better under Learn Ibotta. Also, there are other boards like Ibotta app ideas and Community ideas that are still accessible by searching. People still can post replies to them although they don't show in the current board navigation. Should those be brought back, or can they be set to not searchable? The problem with this is that they are searchable through Google so people could still find them and reply unless that's also turned off.

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Still haven't brought those back as there's too many and no current process to handle them, so it's basically just a vacuum.

I moved Off Topic under Deals to test it out, as well as adding in a Stores category. Let me know what you all think and we can easily move these back or what-have-you based on how it feels when navigating.

0 Likes