cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ideas for Board Changes in 2022

Dean

@Rickibotta 

Most of the boards are barely a year old, and in many the oldest posts are from the middle of this year. Deals and Deals Stacking have the most posts older than a year. So we probably should go with a much smaller date selection if the intention is to keep new posts out of old topics.

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

0 Likes

Aangsparks
Rewards Guide

Personally, I think this whole board has become overly bloated and now totally unusable. I think you should just wipe out the entire board and start fresh for 2022. 

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@Aangsparks that's not happening. How is it unusable?

0 Likes

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

@LaraL  I think @Aangsparks means how some forums start a new thread each year. Sort of like a refresh. All new post would fall under 2022  and you have to click the 2021 "forum thread" to see old posts....this foes work well in many online forums

.....so...not a bad idea, but I don't think such a thing would work with this Khronos set up

0 Likes

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

@LaraL  I agree with everyone else about the flood of "help me I don't feel like even trying"

.....I do like that "in crowd" type of thing

To be honest it is only about 50 or so people that post, contribute and share on a regular. It would be nice if we could just have 3 categories... using a set up like those big pink squares when you hit the first page...

1. HELP

2. DEALS/WINS/HAULS

3.OTHER/MISC 

Within each category would be the actual "threads" pertaining to the topic. So for people who never want to see all the help issues, they wouldn't because they should only be using the #2  or #3 categories. And for the MODS and others who want to help those who are kicked out or can't get something to work, they would use box #1

I'm not sure if Khronos can handle this but this would probably be the best. In my opinion, this is a situation where less is MORE.... although I enjoy getting super organized and having a sub folder for EVERYTHING on my personal computer, I think SIMPLE is the best way to go on this board. 

You either need help (box#1)...want to share a deal or haul (box#2)....or box #3 could be for sharing recipes, sharing donation boxes ideas, life stuff, or just chit chat basically 

Just my thoughts.

Here are the boxes I'm referring to....

Screenshot_20211230-173650_Chrome.jpg

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Yeah I still don't have a proper solution to all the Help threads yet. As for putting all old posts into different year-based boards, that would take a lot of work. Not sure if it's worth it.

0 Likes

Dean

@MeLMeL11 

Isn’t this the basic structure we have now? Except for Learn Ibotta and Beta Testing, the current sub forums are the three you list. I could see combining Learn Ibotta with Help, and then there would be Deals and Off Topic. Maybe rename them and you have what you’re asking for. I don’t know if that would really accomplish much other than as you said about making it easier to limit what you see.

The other thing about seeing just three main boxes is nice if you’re viewing from the app, but many of us use computers and tablets. Honestly, I don’t know why anyone uses the app to look at the forum since it’s browser capabilities are limited. It’s much better to use the browsers on your phone, tablet, or computer.

The idea of segregating 2021 from 2022 would defeat the purpose of building a knowledge base and the work of providing useful information for new and experienced users. Older posts do become obsolete but are still useful as reference for new users and researching ongoing problems.

Helpful Links

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

@Dean  yes, it is what we have now....but I think that at least one of the pink boxes should say help, preferably the top one. Then ppl would see it first and use it...hopefully.

It seems that it is just the activity feed is what most ppl are using versus clicking categories then selecting.

And as u scroll the feed it is just loaded with help topics and potential ticket problems. I can't speak for everyone but scrolling through nowadays feels like being in ibotta customer service. Sure, we all can help one another but dang.... "I signed up 3mins ago went shopping and I want my money, ibotta sucks" .....this is a super eye roll...for me. And the sheer QUANTITY  of these type of posts. 🙄

To be honest, it would be cool to have an actual community to post and share deals or hauls and chat ....and a complete separate 'community' (customer service ) for those seeking help. 

....if the system can do that.

@LaraL  ....this is what I wanted to say, I can get long winded and my thoughts run away from me...lol

Dean

@MeLMeL11 

I’ll be honest and say that I’m not a fan of the boxes. They might look okay on a phone but I primarily use an iPad and computer for visiting this site, and this is what I get when selecting a category.

18CB4AF4-ED2A-4096-B462-EB5EDB752E9C.png
So I have to scroll to see the posts feed. This is just one of those things that happens when you have a platform trying to format for every type of device. The results aren’t always the best for all.

I have a couple of questions for @LaraL about forum options that could provide what you ask.

1. Is it possible for each user to hide categories from displaying in the main activity feed? This would allow those who don’t want to see the Help boards from seeing posts on the main page.
  2. Is there a category setting to keep posts from appearing in the main page? This would affect everyone so it might not be the best solution.

Helpful Links

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

I just noticed your message at bottom of posts........lol....card cash

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes