cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ideas for Board Changes in 2022

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Yeah this community is definitely much more simple and clean, which I do like.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

I'm sure many of you have noticed that there's been a sharp decrease in Help posts lately. Has this helped to make the Community less draining to use? I can tweak the settings for new members but I want to make sure it's needed before doing so.

0 Likes

Dean

That much of a change just from some simple requirement tweaks? Or maybe the problems are being addressed. 

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Well on Monday I made the changes for reaching "Member" rank, which enables posting, to viewing 2 pages and waiting at least 5 minutes after creating the account before posting.

This morning I reduced it to 1 page view and 1 minute of waiting, just to see if there's a noticeable difference.

0 Likes

Dean

Update on changes.

I believe @LaraL closed the Teammates and Idea boards from any new topics. Those aren't in the current forum structure but are still accessible by searching, so it was possible to start topics and make replies.

I blocked replies on inactive threads. I updated the threads whose last post was over six months ago. Also blocked replies on the closed boards regardless of their last activity date.

@LaraL changed the posting requirements for new members. It does appear that this decreased the number of new help posts but I haven't seen any posts about not being able to create new posts. I know that sounds confusing since new members can't complain about posting if they can't post. I've also looked at some of the board reports and it doesn't show a dramatic decrease in posts so it's possible that Ibotta may be resolving tickets more efficiently. 

The next thing I was looking at is the sub-forum descriptions. The only one with a description is the Deals Forum.

"Dish on all the deals you’re scoring. Share your latest shopping hauls, how you’re saving big and the cash back you’re earning using Ibotta!"

This seems confusing since it describes Hauls & Wins more than Deals. Better descriptions might help new users and keep the posts in the proper places. So any ideas on new descriptions?

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Thank you so much for doing that, Dean!

The requirements for new members to post now is really low, so I'm hoping that's not an issue. I'll continue to monitor for signs of it, but it does seem like the Community is more focused on deal sharing again, which is really nice to see.

The existing sub forum descriptions are leftover from before the overhaul. It's likely they're outdated, there's a good chance that description is from the initial launch of the Community.

One other note, I finally got a budget for a rewards program here. I've been working really hard on it and it's nearly ready to introduce to you all. Soon you'll be able to exchange points (earned through new badges) for really high quality items and/or bonuses in-app.

LizH4011
Core Shopper

Can't wait to see what the new rewards program entails!! 

Dean

9C2C74F0-5AC7-4A04-919B-56E914A15E51.gif

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

I'll be doing some testing of the rewards program here soon (most likely the beginning of February). I need to make sure things work well, make sense, and can't be exploited before doing a full launch.

If you're interested in helping me test this, send me a message. I'll add the first 20 people in.

Note: The rewards program will be based on Community activity, not app usage.

0 Likes

Dean

@LaraL 

A few questions.

Is it possible to restrict users from starting new threads in From Ibotta? I've seen a couple in the last few days that I then moved. 

Is the drag & drop option necessary when posting? I saw a discussion about using the camera icon versus drag & drop to post an image. The drag & drop requires downloading images when trying to view photos.

Is it possible to change the start field when replying from the Message Tags to Body. On the PC, tabbing goes everywhere except the Body section. It's a little annoyance.