cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ideas for Board Changes in 2022

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

It is literally one additional option under DEALS;  now there are 5 choices instead of 4   I hardly call that messy

And it helps a lot of people have one place  (DEALS) to click to get most things they may want, not including help and complaints.  

(Also, I think I must have been lazy explaining DEAL STACKING. 

My interpretation of a deal you have is DEALS FORUM if it is an ibotta only deal, or a deal involving a DQ that everyone should have.  So if there is a Kroiger deal with ibotta that also uses their DQ, it would go here because it is a deal everyone should have access to.

Or DEAL STACKING if:it is any other grocery deal

1.    ibotta + another rebate/coupon deal
  2.    any other grocery deal that uses only other rebate/coupon

OFF TOPIC MISCELLANEOUS

Taco Bell free taco,  Bug Lots freebie weekend, etc.  These are things that do not even involve coupons or rebate sties.

Again, this  is my understanding.  A long time ago, /i suggested calling DEALS FORUM 'ibotta deals'' or ibotta-only deals' and it was 'under consideration.  I am fine with the DEALS FORUM name, but it sort of adds to the confusion of what is in there vs the DEAL STACKING.

I also had suggested the DEALS FORUM and DEAL STACKING be combined and instead add store folders under the DEALS folder, and that was shot down.  That is fine, but just explaining my personal vision.   As a fellow computer consultant, I knwo  you can appreciate it all even when you don't agree  🤣

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@LaraL 

A feature that would direct users to the 'How to use Ibotta links" or link with information from the topic. or make watching a tutorial part of the sign-up process.

Every journey starts with the first step
0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@Rickibotta I think renaming Deals Forum and Deal Stacking could work. I did ask around about this previously and Deal Stacking is apparently a familiar term with savers.

@OBSHOP I'm not sure if that's something Khoros can do but I'll ask, I think it's a good idea.

0 Likes

SaverGirl67

@LaraL   I remember discussing store separations many moons ago - but it was voted down because deals are often available at multiple stores and then you wouldn’t know where to post it - or you’d miss the deal because you’d think it didn’t apply to your store. 

Personally I still really like the idea of store separation. Maybe just add a “multi-store” option to talk about deals that can be used anywhere?  Example a lot of people stack P&G deals with Ibotta but posting it exclusively on a CVS board may cause people to miss it entirely. 

Also would you move hauls and wins as an option under each store?

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Ok sure, we can definitely try it. Do you think it should be called "Multi-store"?

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67  I'm with you.  I know I don't shop Walgreens so I don't look at Walgreens deals, but sometimes the deals cross over.  If there is a good stacking deal at one store, it generally can be found at another store either that week or another week.  If there is a peelie alert (coupon) and it's posted at Publix - I won't know to look for the same coupon at another store.   I also know that many Giant Eagle deals may be at Stop and Shop too. 

SaverGirl67

Multi-store makes sense to me - but maybe others should weigh in?

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67 

IMHO. there is no benefit of adding hauls and wins  store-specific.   I usually think of brags/hauls differently than deals.  I think most people who like to see brags/hauls do so just out of curiosity I think.      I tend top think brags/hauls are provided for the poster, and deals are posted for others.  (I don't mean anything negative by this  Just saying, I tend to do haul post if  I just feel like 'wow look what I just did'.  sort of patting myself on the back..  But if ?I am wanting to post deals, I put it in the DEALS FORUM or DEAL STACKING folder. 

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

If someone posts a multi-store deal, and I find a deal at Kroger that is not mentioned there, I am adding it to the Kroger folder.  Same with Meijer.  I don't care if someone wants to add multi-store.  But I won't tend to post deals there.

I understand some may not like the duplcatoin, but my vision was always to have store-specific folders, so if it is available, I will do it that way.

Multi-store is tricky as well, because deals roll off and on of different stores as DQs and other offers become available.  

0 Likes

SaverGirl67

@Rickibotta   Lol. I’ve never thought of Hauls that way. That’s an interesting perspective. I normally think people post their hauls to show what can be done and/or for inspiration. But I do see your point and keeping them separate may be more helpful. 

0 Likes