cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ideas for Board Changes in 2022

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Yeah that's too much, and the main way people are using the Community is via posting. I hid the Stores category for the time being until we figure out a better solution.

0 Likes

Dean

@LaraL 

I was able to add a message to the existing megathread in Teammates, You mentioned that you disabled it yesterday. Is that supposed to keep new threads and messages from being added? Also, what about the other hidden boards like the Ideas ones? Can they also be disabled to keep anything from being added?

I think we agreed on disabling replies to old topics whose last post was a year ago. I'm going to test some old topics to see how it can be done. I see there's a batch processing function. Should that be left to the experienced professionals? I was going to do things manually at first anyway so I won't break the board. 🤞 Searching for the year old topics is the hard part since I have found that the forum lists some older topics out of date order. Is there another way of listing topics through admin reports?

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@Dean you were able to add to it because of your permissions, but I just checked and new replies are disabled. I don't mind people adding comments to existing feature requests if they find them.

I looked in the admin settings just now and didn't see anything that automatically disables new replies after a set period of time. Made a note to ask our Khoros account rep about it the next time we chat, which will be on the 5th. Where are you seeing the batch processing function exactly?

0 Likes

Dean

Batch processing is at the bottom of Options when looking at a board message list. It allows selecting multiple topics.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Looks like it enables these options. I would say go ahead and try it, I'm not seeing anything that should be terribly disruptive.

Screenshot at Dec 30 08-49-56.png

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I noticed you did something to the JUNE 2021 TEAMMATES   thread.  There was no reply option.  I am here to verify if needed..  Some testing may give false positives or negatives to dean due to his privileges.  

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Dean

@Rickibotta 

I turned off replies through batch processing for the oldest posts in Bonuses. I think it was 98 topics. Can you confirm those before I do any other boards? Thanks.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean @LaraL 

Yep it was 98.  (all 50 on page 18 and 48 on page 17)

I literally went into all 98 just this one time to ensure none got missed this time.   From now on I believe we can assume a lock icon means it is locked.  (Agreed?)

• I  verified i could still bookmark a locked thread
  • I  verified i could still bookmark a post from a locked thread
  • I verified I could still float a locked thread
  • I verified I could still unfloat a locked thread

You don't see the lock icon if a thead has been solved. Instead you see the check mark.   

You obviously would know it was locked though once inside. Would you want to 'unsolve' it so the lock icon was visible?

Would that have any adverse affects?   It may actually subtract from a user's number of solutions, so probably not desirable, but just tossing it out there/

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Dean

@Rickibotta 

Thanks for checking all those and the different options. I hadn't considered those but I didn't see anything warning that they wouldn't work. I was concerned how the batch processing would work. It requires checking the box for each topic to be included but luckily I can set the display for a longer list and there are check and uncheck options. I was just worried that it would pickup more than the just the topics I selected. Oddly, I can't see the lock icon but instead still see the Reply option. As for the Solved topics, I would leave them alone for the reasons you list. I wish there was an option for solved topics to lock after selecting the solution. But that's another whole issue in the Khoros world.

So now we know batch processing and locking work. I suggested closing topics that haven't had a reply in one year. Should that be different? Should any boards have a different date option?

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

I would go with 6 months.

That is still  a looooooooooong time.   And it decreases further the threads noobs will add on to, or complain on.

0 Likes