cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ideas for Board Changes in 2022

Dean

I just thought of another idea. @LaraL is it possible to add contact info to the emails that come from this community? The Ibotta emails have contact info although I’m not sure we need all that in community emails.

9FC2514E-1EBF-481D-A370-449AA867DDE8.png

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@MeLMeL11 I completely agree with you, it's even been burning me out too. I' thinking that, for now, I'll disable posting new threads from accounts that have 0 activity. That is to say, once they "like" a post or reply to a thread, it will then be possible for them to post their own thread.

What does everyone think about that?

@Dean As far as I know there's no way to suppress Categories or Boards from showing up in the home page activity feed. It's something I've been asking Khoros several times but they haven't given me a workaround yet.

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

@LaraL  .....that may help, why not give it a shot?! 🤷‍

It may 'softly nudge' some people to do some research for themselves first, and I'm sure many will find their answer probably faster than waiting for someone scrolling on the feed to respond to them.

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Sounds good. I'm currently creating a role that enables posting and while assign that to everyone that's currently registered for a Community account as of right now. That role will be attached to all the users in a report that's generating right now, and anyone not in that report will need to reach the rank of "Member" before posting.

I lowered the requirements to reach "Member" to viewing at least 10 threads and liking at least one topic or reply. If anyone has any suggestions on tweaking those numbers let me know, it's easy to adjust.

Ultimately this will really slow down the number of new topics in the Community, but it will also significantly reduce the Help threads that clearly didn't 0 due diligence before posting.

We'll see how this goes throughout the week and if it's not working out I can revert back or we can modify the settings. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm totally open to any and all ideas.

Dean

@LaraL 

I like the idea of the new role but it will probably cause frustration for new visitors. They come looking for help because almost every Help Center article tells them to come here first. Maybe we could find a way to put some of the more useful information front and center on the main page. We can tell that many aren't searching or know how to search effectively, so pinning a few articles might be useful. The Help Center has a lot of useful articles if people would just read them. Heck, I just found out this weekend that help can be requested through SMS

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

By pinning are you referring to the Featured Topics section? We can use one of those but not all of them. These will be used for upcoming events and activities. If we were to feature a thread there, which would it be? Note that I cannot feature boards, only threads/topics.

Honestly as long as they're having to do some level of reading and searching before posting a question, that would make a world of difference.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Here's what I set the new requirements for "Member" to:

(registrationAge >= 5) && (page_views >=2)

So this means that they have to wait at least 5 minutes after account creation and have to view 2 or more pages. What do you all think? We can do this in conjunction with featuring a prominent help thread.

Dean

I say pinning but it’s Floating a topic to the top of the board. Like the trouble mega thread. It shows a pin symbol although that’s not exactly correct since it just makes a copy to put at the top of the board and leaves the original thread to move in the topic list. True pinning would set the original thread at the top.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Seeing the floated topics generally require visiting boards and categories. Do you think many of these savers needing help are accessing those or only looking at the home page?

0 Likes

Dean

I would think they visit a board in order to start a thread, unless they’re doing it from the main page. Maybe remove that option from the main page to force looking at the boards. 

0 Likes