cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ideas for Board Changes in 2022

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

That's an interesting idea. I'll ask if that's possible. I'm guessing they'll say it requires some level of coding so it might be a bit of a process.

0 Likes

Dean

I can't find where I saw them previously but I saw some community templates and it appeared that they could be customized. I found some requests to add "Start a discussion" buttons to the homepage on the Khoros community so it seems that the button has to be added to the template. That would mean that someone could edit the homepage template and remove the button.

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

The way "Studio" works is there are page elements and different pages where you can drag n drop the elements where you see fit. I looked and couldn't find one specifically called "Start a conversation" on the home page or even in the list of different usable elements. I chat with our Khoros rep this Wednesday so I'll run it by her.

0 Likes

Dean

I thought it would be as simple as click on the button and delete it. I don't know how Studio works or what are the elements, but the link on the Start a conversation button is https://community.ibotta.com/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true , which seems to be a standard forum page. This seems like an easy change in any html editor.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

I've looked in all of these and can't find the Start a Conversation button:

Screenshot at Jan 03 13-45-41.pngScreenshot at Jan 03 13-47-39.png

0 Likes

Dean

It might be labeled as a button or badge. The element name shows as a.post-btn.lia-button-primary when inspecting in Chrome. Your Khoros rep should be able to help when you meet Wednesday.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Hey folks,

So here are some other Khoros-based communities that have various UI features. We can replicate pretty much any of these, but obviously we should only take features that will truly improve things here.

Let me know if any of you see something you like and feel would make for a good improvement:

0 Likes

Dean

@LaraL 

Another thing that you might ask Khoros about is the Search function. The second video on this page shows more options from the main search that aren't available here.

https://community.khoros.com/t5/About-Atlas/Community-Training-Videos-Navigation-Search-amp-Discussi...

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Good call, adding that to my meeting notes for tomorrow.

0 Likes

Dean

The one thing I don’t like about these sites is how big the banner and images are at the top. They take a lot of room, which may be fine for their purposes, but I prefer to get to the nitty gritty of seeing posts. Plus the thing to remember is that Ibotta is a mobile app and many visitors use mobile devices to view this site. I prefer a more streamlined view without all the unnecessary excess. 

0 Likes