cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: KCB - Issues reflected in latest CS chat

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

@PT00 I can only speak from my own personal experience, but I have had a CS credit carryover before. I had a $10 credit and the item I purchased was less, but with tax it would have put me over $10. Because the credit reduced my balance as though the item was on sale, no tax was charged. There was only some change leftover, but it was available for me to use the next time I shopped. To answer your question, if they credit you for more than one item, then yes it all lumps together as one available credit amount.

0 Likes

TXbelle
Deal Expert

@mom2furkids 

Wow! I had a $10 credit but only spent about $6, thinking I could use the rest later. When I went a day or so later expecting to use the rest but it was gone. I contacted cs and they restored it but explained that the credit was to be used one time. 

Rickibotta  said he uses chat on his computer. I started using chat but after getting hung up on I decided to write out all the information in a document before starting the chat. Then I select all and copy it. You have to follow the bot with name email and your alt ID or account number.  When the real person comes into the chat, I greet the person by name and paste my whole long sad story. Once they read it they offer me a credit. 

As you can tell, I am very detailed with my sad story...

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@PT00 

I can only speak to what is supposed to happen and what I have experienced.  I believe @TXbelle was given incorrect information by the Kroger person she talked to.  I am not sure what happened in her situation, but I can tell you that it should not be a use-it-all-at-once-or-lose it affair.

I have done these 'CONSUMER RELATIONS' credits for years on probably 30 to 50 occasions, and they have always worked the same way for me.  They allow carryover if you do not exhaust the balance.

My most recent example was yesterday:  I had $15 total Consumer Relations credit from two separate issues on my shopper's card.  As @TXbelle said, it does not show up in your balance like it does when you sweep monies from your KCB balance. 

The receipt on the left is related to a transaction where I had to go thru a regular checkout lane due to circumstances I won't bore you with.  I paid with a MC, and it shows the full $15 CONSUMER AFFAIRS balance I was granted on my two KROGER CHAT sessions the prior day.

The receipt on the right was from a SCO transaction where I spent $3.  As you can see, my balance reduced to $12.

20221102_194958.jpg

I have done this numerous times, and sometimes have taken 4 or 5 trips to exhaust my balance..  It has worked properly without fail.

SHOPPER CARD BALANCE and SCO:  I hear some people say that at SCO, it prompts you as to whether or not you want to use the balance on your card..  That has never been my experience.  Perhaps it only does that if you purchase more than what your balance is (i.e.  You purchase $25 and have $15 balance). 

But I can tell you that all the times I have purchased an amount that was less than my balance, once I hit PAY NOW, it automatically pays with your Shopper Card balance and ends my transaction.  There is no opportunity to  apply any PQs.  It does take your DQs.  There are times I will scan things at SCO and apply my alternate ID so I can verify the final cost of something.  If you ever do that, and you have a Shopper Card balance, you are SOL.   It will take your money from your balance, and if you need to return it, it may be real dicey getting a refund because it looks like you did not pay anything.  (SEE RIGHT RECEIPT) 

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Saipan
Deal Expert

K was founded 139 years ago and remains a good Ohio company. They are in the midst of a major corporate merger with another fairly large entity.

So they probably have some old systems they still rely on at times. And mergers can be quite laborious. 

Their website/app are drastically better from just a short time back. Hopefully improvements are made on this program too.

It is irritating I agree, but K generally has made me whole when requested. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Saipan 

I continue to get calls each month or so from places staffing projects to transition back to mainframe processing because the 'next-gen' systems are not able to handle the batch processing anywhere near what their predecessors did.  Depends on the installation, but throwing additional servers (i.e PCs.......lol) is not always the answer.

That being said, I have no idea what Kroger runs on.  I only know that any system that is set up to where there is no transaction-level accounting available for either the customer or the staff is unacceptable.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

kty
Saver

@Rickibotta @PT00 @TXbelle My experience is the Consumer Relations balance will carryover. 

At SCO, it always prompts whether or not you want to use the balance on your card, no matter the purchase is more or less than the Consumer Relations balance.

I never buy items with coupon using Consumer Relations balance, maybe next time I can try something with a small value coupon.

@Rickibotta What's alternate ID?

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@kty 

AltID - phone number attached to account, rather than scanning card.

You will not want to use a PQ if it automatically pays once you opt to use the shopper card for payment.  It will take off the DQ though.

kty
Saver

@Rickibotta Thank you. Does Consumer Relations balance work with deals like B5S5?

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

From what I have seen, when you hit PAY NOW, it is the same as it usually is.

DQs come off.  Promotions such as B5S5 of B6S50¢ come off.  But if you did not get enough to get full discount on the promotions, you don't get a chance to review them if you purchase less than your total balance.  It just pays without letting you 'fix it'

0 Likes

Nikkimcniknik
Deal Sharer

Check your accounts!! My kcb money just showed up.😊