cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Kellogg’s Family Rewards Program Update

Rickibotta
Deal Master

There is just sooooooooooooooooooo much every where!

I have been real lazy with both KFR (845 points) and P&GR (75 points). 

I have never done anything with rewards or points accumulation.  I only printed coupons.

I can obviously tell that @mmoore01  50,000 points or whatever it was.....was a lot of poiints. 

My approach has worked for me because I mostly was just wanting the coupons.

So hopefully I haven't missed out on much.

I just know it is soooooooo much to keep track of.   I hate rewards points overall.  There must be at least 30 or 50 places I earn them.  All the pizza places.  All the fast food ones.  And there are maybe 10 or 15 online click thru CB sites; the ones where you get % back, not even including the rebate sites we use.

I guess that is why I have not really gone out of my way to earn the KFR and P&GR rewrds.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

I will admit that these sites require a lot of work.  Kellogg Family Rewards have had so much trouble over the years.  At one point, many users had their points stolen, so KFR added more security.  But that just made it harder for everyone to use.

I really like the Box Tops For Education app.  Just scan the receipt and the school you selected gets $.10 for each Box Top product.  Very easy.  If KFR did something like this, it would be very easy to collect.  Of course, how do you make it easy to redeem those points (I think BTFE sends the schools a check twice a year).

P&G isn't too bad.  I have submitted enough receipts to get a few $5 gift cards.  Most of them are for Taco Bell, but I do have one for Dominos.  There are so many different P&G products that it isn't hard to get a few every week.  I usually get at least a Crest or Oral-B receipt from Walgreens purchases.

Years ago, I use to submit receipts for Lean Cuisine products, but I gave that up.  Too much work.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Yeah, I certainly don't fault anyone for doing anything they do to save money, earn credits, GCs, etc, but we all have to set our own boundaries or it could easily be a 24-hour job.  I prefer to keep it at a 22-hour a day job myself......lol

There is just an onslaught of emails right now for me where everyone is telling me I have points expiring.  And then there are the EBs, RRs, and coupon expiration dates.  And that doesn't even include all the expiration dates in all our cash back or rebate apps;   And even if you are on top of something like an ibotta rebate expiration, and even if you check as you walk into the store, the offer can still get pulled before you submit your receipt immediately after checkout. 

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"