cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Kroger et al demographics

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813   @Tikiki  et al

Just had to look this up.  The parking lot of the WF I generally go to is full of Land Rover's and Tesla's, and is in Jericho NY.   Needless to say, I do not live in Jericho.

The median household income in Jericho, NY in 2019 was $177,229, which was 59.3% greater than the median annual income of $72,108 across the entire state of New York.

These type of statistics amuse me.

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@FelskyNY  This what I was alluding to

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813  Oh I know - I got a chuckle - Mercedes (not so much), BMW, Tesla, Range Rover etc.

and there is my sweet 2003 Jeep Liberty (with the side window still sealed in plastic because they can't get the part) rubbing elbows with the elite LOL

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Tikiki @FelskyNY  How many of these shoppers are up to their arses in debt, house poor etc, & living in  large home w no furniture 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813   And of course their vehicles are all LEASED (not that there is anything wrong with leasing, even though we prefer to purchase our cars and keep them forever), so I don't know why anyone would be impressed with their personalized plates.  Again - we are stereotyping similar to the actual article did.

I'm happy to use my coupons whether it's in Walmart or Whole Foods or Shoprite, it's all the same to me, a good deal is a good deal.

0 Likes

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@FelskyNY @Icequeen813 

I like to shop in Snotsdale, um, I mean Scottsdale because demographic experts have determined that the WM there, has to be cleaner. In fact, there’s a sitting area with (artificial) flowers in the restroom of that particular store ala Nordie’s. The product selection there is also “exclusive.” @Icequeen813 Exactly what you described in terms of house/vehicle poor is everywhere to be seen. Some of the wealthiest folks I know wear their clothes until threadbare and drive their (purchased used, of course) vehicles into the ground. From appearances, you would never guess their net worth. 

0 Likes

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@FelskyNY   😂 I have a personalized plate! One guess what it says! (The fee is a donation to a worthy cause.)

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Tikiki  Maybe the personalized plates are cheaper in AZ than here in NY?  Ummm - not sure if you should share your personal plate info here though? 

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@Tikiki  My mother used to fuss at me because I carried a Louis Vuitton while wearing jeans . 

0 Likes

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@FelskyNY @In AZ, they’re a $50 donation. 
😂 You’re right, I shouldn’t share my license plate! 😂 

0 Likes