cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kroger et al demographics

FelskyNY
Deal Master

Kroger's average customer is a married suburban Baby Boomer who earns $80,000 per year, per Numerator analysis.

Do you think this factors in the Ibotta shoppers? 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/meet-the-typical-kroger-shopper-a-married-suburban-baby-bo...

32 Replies

Re: Kroger et al demographics

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

Sorry, no Kroger stores in my area.

I saw the lists at the bottom of the article with other store profiles  I don't seem to fit in any of those.

I shop mainly at Walmart, but I didn't match any of the demographics.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@mmoore01  I don't shop Kroger either - but I just thought it was an interesting article.  I love when they "profile" what they think is an "average" shopper.   

For example, I don't shop Whole Foods EXCEPT when I can get a great deal, but I see what is profiled to be the "demographic" of a Whole Foods shopper and I KNOW I would not shop there without the opportunity of using rebate apps and discounts.  

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@FelskyNY  No!  I’m not going to go into specifics

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813  I was not indirectly asking for age or income levels LOL. Even if I won the lottery, I wouldn't spend the money.

Sorensoj
Skilled Saver

@FelskyNY  Thanks for sharing the article.  It's always interesting to see the stats on the typical consumer.  I think it would be eye opening to see Ibotta's numbers crunched on which stores get the most Ibotta traffic, what types of products are most popular using Ibotta, and demographics of the average Ibotta user. Also, like you, I could be the Queen of England and still not just walk into WF and pay full price for everything.  

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@FelskyNY  I know! I think there are many variables & article was pc, I have my own opinions that are RL & not pc 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813  I love the generic nature of the article, trying to fit everyone into their own "bubble".  Am I more likely to drive my Tesla to Walmart or my 2003 Jeep Liberty to Whole Foods?  (Kidding about the Tesla that is)

0 Likes

Tikiki
Core Shopper

@FelskyNY  😂 SMH and LMAO, did they actually pay someone to write that article?!? Generalize much?!? Clearly, they know very little about we, the shoppers. 
@FelskyNY Thanks for the entertainment piece, DH will love it. 

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@FelskyNY  Mercedes , Land Rover to WF … and not shopping in WM …😉

0 Likes