cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lidl

SamanthaNichols
Rewards Hunter

just a suggestion, the grocery store Lidl has been around for years now it's really time you added it to this app because people do shop there and being able to get rebates from there would be a good thing!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
18 Replies

Re: Lidl

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@SamanthaNichols 

This is more a user forum, and the group that would deal with such things likely does not view the board.  You can submit a request to Ibotta, but you also can make a request to your store directly.

How do I get my favorite store or product added to Ibotta? 

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@SamanthaNichols  I also shop Lidl - I think their prices are great, but there CS leaves a lot to be desired.  I don't like that they don't have a customer service department.  You have to either ask a cashier or someone on the floor for help.  They also don't always have a person running the self checkouts. Some of their products are very short dated.  With that being said (sorry for the negativity),  I can get some great buys and I do go there a lot.  Also, they don't accept coupons of any type. 

0 Likes

SaverGirl67

@SamanthaNichols   I have never heard of this store but Ibotta does offer a limited amount of deals that can be purchased at any store. In the app search for “any store” and it will bring it up. 

Hope this helps  

CF6BDB86-9368-44A2-8E9D-45BE2040A332.png

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@SaverGirl67 

Lidl is another German chain, similar to Aldi.

I believe their stores are larger, and they are newer.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

SaverGirl67

@Rickibotta   I looked it up after seeing this post - but there are no stores in Florida. Closest it found was in South Carolina - a seriously long drive away. Lol 

0 Likes

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

I have never heard of this store before and I have lived in many states across the nation in addition to abroad. There are two stores in my area that Ibotta doesn't have in the app. Sadly, not every store is going to be on Ibotta but thankfully, Ibotta does have a huge selection of stores to choose from. If you ask Ibotta to include Lidl in the app, maybe they will one day.

0 Likes

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

@FelskyNY ...that's not negative....that's simply your experience there! 😎

We recently got one close by and I wasn't super impressed. Perhaps it just didn't live up to what I thought the store was going to be. I was TOTALLY shocked that there were probably a total of 6 national brands they carried and everything else was imported or off the wall brands. And don't get me started with the randomness in the center of the store....I saw shoes, bras, car items, blankets, etc....I was like "oh my!" 😮

Some of the prices were ok, especially the produce. Having to bag your own items was a shocker too. I haven't been back...yet.

Their sister store Aldi is here too. I have yet to go in there.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MeLMeL11 

Aldi is not a sister store.   They are competitors.  Both are from Germany and they do have some similarities.  There were brothers involved in Aldi in Germany, with one running the north and the other running the south, but Lidl was founded by a different group

These stores are not for everybody.

I always use SCO anyway at all stores that have it, so bagging my own stuff is preferred.  You can bring your own bags, you can purchase bags, or you can use the boxes from the items at the store.  I have been going to Aldi for nearly 40 years.  Many of their items are not only cheaper, but I prefer their taste,

Their concept of charging you a 25¢ deposit on a shopping cart and then returning it to you for the same 25¢ in their cart corral is genius.  And I love that it takes you perhaps a brisk 10 second walk to get from one end of the store to the other.  No coupons.  But a lot of great prices.  

And I personally am not a fan of the produce.  But check out RBC (Red Bag of Chicken).  It has a cult following so intense that it has its own Facebook group with nearly 22,000 members.

0 Likes

MeLMeL11
Skilled Saver

Oh I scanned through an article once, thought they were of the same parent company 

.....either way I will pass 

Gave me a notch above Sav-a-lot vibes.

0 Likes