cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lidl

saver101
Rewards Hunter

I also would like to have Lidl added to Ibotta. I emailed ibotta and this is what they said: 

Thank you for expressing interest in getting your favorite store Lidl added to Ibotta. There are several steps you may take to help make this happen! 

To get your favorite store Lidl on board, please post on the brands' social media accounts and let them know you would like to see them in the Ibotta app. You may call, email, and write to them as well. Brands may contact us at inquiries@ibotta.com

You can also get your friends to do the same! The more people they hear from, the better our chances are to get them on board.

I went to to Lidl.com website and on the bottom right clicked on help and support and asked Lidl to join Ibotta. Please do the same if you are a Lidl shopper. Thank you everyone!

0 Likes

KM06
Skilled Saver

@saver101 thanks for the info.  I shop at lidl a few times a week, lately I've been getting bounce back coupons for the following week.  My favorite part of lidl is the too good too waste items.  Will definitely send an email.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@saver101  I shop Lidl often as it is within walking distance and their bakery items are good (and cheap). I went in to buy some chicken cutlets and they were $4.40/lb. I actually bought a small package of thinly sliced for $3.56 a pound (as I just didn't feel like going home and then driving to Shoprite).  I did go to Shoprite the next day and paid $2.49/lb.  (I bought 3 packages at that price and froze them).  

I find that my store does not mark what items have digital offers, and I have to be sure to check my app.  recently there was a BOGO offer, and if I didn't know about it, I would have lost out.

I currently have the following offers on my app:

$50 reward: 25% off coffee and tea 

$100 reward: 30% off select beverages

50% off select fresh bakery

0 Likes

KM06
Skilled Saver

@FelskyNY I had the bakery offer also.  I found a few things marked 30% off then used my coupon!  After checking out I got a 30% off fresh bakery coupon with my receipt.

If you grab a flyer as you walk in the coupon offers are usually in a section with a blue background, or look for the myLidl section. If you are curious you can stack the coupon offers with the percentage off offers.  I did this when they had pierogies 2/$3 with coupon then used 35% off coupon.

A couple of weeks ago I found avocados in the too good to waste section.  I got a 3lb box for just under a $1 and used a coupon bringing the price down to about $.65.  I do not like avocados but my dad does and I could not pass that deal up.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@KM06   Thanks - I do the same thing. When they have sales they are very very good.  When they don't, some of their prices just aren't worth it.  I commonly buy the Lidl brand yogurt, creamer, cheese etc. and find the quality is just as good as any other brand. 

0 Likes

Eyegottaibotta
Skilled Saver

@KM06 Where is the too good to waste section? I see items marked down throughout the store but I've never noticed a designated section. 

0 Likes

KM06
Skilled Saver

@Eyegottaibotta in my store back in the dairy section there is a small flat box that has refrigerated produce, bag lettuce, salsa, mushrooms etc that are usually marked $.50.  Sometimes in the front of the store by the registers they have the boxes of too good to waste produce.  Every now and then in one of the meat cases they have a too good too waste section.  It's hit and miss when I find products in these sections, but have gotten really good deals.

KM06
Skilled Saver

@Eyegottaibotta this is our too good to waste it was just behind the produce section  sometimes it is by the registers

20220416_103830.jpg

KM06
Skilled Saver

If you have the strawberry coupon it makes the strawberries half price, at least at my store.  There is a $.25 back offer when you buy 2 strawberries.   So I got 2 strawberries for $2.58 and submitted to ibotta under ANY GROCERY STORE and got back $.25.  It took a couple of hours for it to get approved.

0 Likes