cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May was my worst month ever for Ibotta earnings 30¢

Dean

Yep. Just 30 Cents total. Two Any Receipts and one Any Brand Rice. That is my worst earnings totals ever. My previous low was 55¢ back when I was first starting with Ibotta. I’m not a super user like others but I’ve always been able to find several useful offers each month and earn a few bucks. But it seems like there’s fewer useful offers recently, especially now that I’m watching my spending more. I’m guessing that I’m not alone in seeing reduced earnings. I’ve noticed fewer posts about deals and completing bonuses, and more about not chasing bonuses. Maybe this is a result of inflation and higher prices for everything. There’s still a lot of offers but I’m more focused on those for everyday items and less on trying new things. Maybe Ibotta will realize this and work on adding offers for common items. At least I still got ASP for $10, and made about $4 with Fetch and got free Rubbermaid containers. 👍🏼 Plus I finally cashed out of Checkout 51! 

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
12 Replies

Re: May was my worst month ever for Ibotta earnings 30¢

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

I have so much of almost everything already, stuff that I bought for half of what it costs now, before any rebates.  So I simply am not buying anything I already have several of any more.  There is a difference after all between being retired and being 'retired'.   I am going on 3 years being 'retired', and  I am thinking about getting a job next year.  Have you thought about it?

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Dean

@Rickibotta 

This is my fifth year of being ‘retired’, just less comfortably than before. I have thought of a job. Maybe something just to help with the bills. But for now, I’ll just keep tightening the belt. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

I am done with computers.  Maybe I will do fast food or something.  I am pretty worthless so I can't work at home depot or lowe's.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

If you are looking for a job, everyone seems to be hiring.

Between computer jobs, I worked at Target for two holiday seasons and Walmart for a while.  I preferred working at Target and they seem to be offering the better hourly rates.

One thing I miss: Both Target and Walmart offered 10% discounts.  Target was immediate and Walmart was after 90 days.  Target was on everything, Walmart was on non-food items, except near the holidays.  If you worked on Black Friday at Walmart, you got an additional 15% off anything on a specified date, usually the first Saturday in December.  Great to get 25% off tires, Christmas presents and food. 

Those were the days.

kynuna
Core Shopper

@Dean May 2022 was also my worst month for earnings, ($60.93). Ever since January I’ve been on a steady decline. I’m rarely completing bonuses due to a combination of lack of offers, and not shopping as much, (unfortunately no matter where I shop I have to drive, so cost of gas is a always a consideration).. 

0 Likes

Cbiscotti
Rewards Guide

I did about $24 for my lowest in a long time. And half of that was me walking to CVS to use 40% off coupons and stacks with ibotta for MM. If I didn't enjoy combining couponing with exercising my May would have been super low. Not a single bonus.

0 Likes

Dean

I’m also wondering if we’ve seen the last of free toothpaste and razor blades. I know @Rickibotta posted a razor deal but I didn’t have the DQs to complete it or the other free deal for the cheaper razor. Just another sign of the changing economy. 

0 Likes

cheryl_123
Core Shopper

I've entered the flop era for deal hunting these past couple of months. A contributing factor has been that products I have been prepared to buy just aren't on the shelves. Either the store doesn't carry it or it's sold out. I'm lucky to get one or two deals a week now. That said, I'm not chasing bonuses anymore.

0 Likes

cjwoody
Super Saver

@Rickibotta  Any experience or interest in the security aspect of Tech?

0 Likes