cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: May was my worst month ever for Ibotta earnings 30¢

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@cjwoody 

Unfortunately I have been bogged down with operations and project management, so I don't have any experience with security.  My emphasis has largely been large mainframes.  Security was always something I found interesting.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

SaverGirl67

@Dean   Do you think you’re experiencing rebate burnout?  It can be a lot of work to stack offers and create lists and try to find the exact items you’re looking for.
I’ve found over the years that I sometimes just need a break from all forms of shopping altogether. This past Feb was my no spend month and I literally didn’t set foot in a single store for the entire month. My Ibotta total for February is an absolute $0. Having a stockpile and a little pre planning makes it easy to take a break whenever I want/need one. 
Before I figured out I needed a break I would go into (what I now call) slump periods that could last months where I just slowed down on everything associated with rebating and just stopped reallly looking for deals. 
So not sure if you’re in a slump or just taking a break but just wanted you to know I’ve been there and I think a lot of people who do this have had similar experiences. As the deals get more complicated and expensive to put together  I think a lot of people will be experiencing this to some degree. 

0 Likes

Dean

@SaverGirl67  I think it's a number of different things. I have less time now for casual shopping so I'm concentrating on deals for everyday products. Higher prices also mean less money to try new things I normally wouldn't get except with Ibotta offers. Additionally, there are fewer offers for things I normally buy week to week. I think we can also see the reduction in FAOs in Ibotta as a sign of the changing economy. I'm still looking through deals posted here and elsewhere, but I've also found that I'm not getting the coupons and discounts like I did before. My paper coupons are often missing some which are needed for certain deals. The same for DQs such as on Walgreens and CVS. Maybe it's just my turn to not get these at this time. But I have been saving using store coupons at HEB. I've found some very good deals recently using those. And my mom's small town paper has started carrying abbreviated coupon inserts so I've gotten additional coupons for TP and more. I haven't given up on free toothpaste and razors but those deals might be seen less in the future.

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info