cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Mistake costs me

Janet1964
Super Saver

Well, I had 4 coupons that would not scan today at sco and it cost me an offer.

First, my Cheetos Mac and cheese coupon would not scan even though I bought the required 2 items. it was from the newspaper insert. So, I set it aside.

my Axe deodorant coupon - buy 1 get 1 free would not scan even though I bought 2 of the same item, except different scents. So I set it aside. Also a newspaper insert.

My Love, Beauty & Planet coupon - B1G1F would not scan - I bought a shampoo and a conditioner. So I set it aside. Also a newspaper insert.

My Covergirl makeup $3 printable would not scan. 

I scanned all of my items and called the CSM over when I was complete. I had bagged all of the items associated with the coupons in one bag so that I could show them I bought the correct products. And I put the rest of the bags back in my cart.

I had a total of 17 coupons. 13 went through fine.

a very nice young man came over and I explained it to him. He first checked all of my coupon dates. Then he picked up the first one while I pulled out the items from that one bag. I showed him  both Cheetos products and he look confused. It was $1 off 2. He asked me how much the product cost and I told him .96 each. He said look it’s easier to just deduct one of them from your cart. It was only .04 difference, so I said okay. (I forgot about the .30 Ibotta rebate I was losing by only having 1 on my receipt instead of 2) oh well.

Then he pulled my axe coupon. He asked me how much and I told him 5.88 each, so he deleted one from my cart. No Ibotta so okay.

he pulled the LBP coupon and I told him 6.94 each, so he deducted one from my cart. No Ibotta so okay.

Finally the CG. I told him it costs 5.94 and the coupon was $3. He said I will adjust it for you. so he scanned the makeup and adjusted the price to $2.94. I was okay as I knew there was a $2 Ibotta offer.

so I paid and went to scan my receipt and noticed it said I had 2 CG rebates to be paid. So I looked at my receipt and I had paid twice for the same bottle - $5.94 when I scanned it and $2.94 when he scanned it. I did not submit my receipt. I went back to him and explained what happened. He said oh, I forgot to delete the one you scanned. I am sorry, go to customer service and they will refund you the $5.94. I asked if they would take my word for it and he told me what to say to CS. I walked over and they refunded my card for the $5,94 plus tax. So I scanned my original receipt again (which had both makeups on it) and it only had 1 CG makeup for $2 and my total was $18.75 with 12 unique offers. So I hit submit.

I got to my car and it showed paying me $18.75 for 11 offers and then the next message said they reversed my CG Makeup offer for $2. I checked my balance and it had increased by $16.75. So I lost $2 and 1 offer toward my bonuses.

I have contacted customer care team and explained that I did receive a return for the makeup, but only because Walmart charged me twice for the same item. I only submitted for payment on one makeup (not two) and I should get paid for what I purchased and I wanted the offer credited toward my CCB.

I submitted a picture of the receipt with both items clearly marked.

I had made the WW without that offer - I only needed 10 more offers today to complete it and I did 12. That is why I never RETURN anything that has an Ibotta offer on the receipt. I will wait a few days to withdraw my earnings and see what happens.

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Mistake costs me

Janet1964
Super Saver

Update:

I woke up this morning to see I received the $2 and  credit for the offer towards CCB during the night. Great way to start the day. 

I was so tired yesterday that I am off to shop at Kroger today to see if I can stack some deals with coupons, Ibotta and KCB. I usually do it all in 1 trip to save gasoline but I ran out of steam yesterday.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Janet1964  Frustrating because trying to keep track of all the little pieces can just mess up the whole thing.  I had forgotten that the cheetos coupon DID NOT go through when I bought 1 of each. I just so happened to go on a cashier line instead of SCO because there was no line.  The cashier put it through without a problem and I completely forgot!  Lately I find that if a coupon beeps at WM, it takes an average of 4 people wearing yellow vests to decide what to do, or 1 person who just says NO.  Sorry you had such a rough trip.

Solved! Go to solution

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

@Janet1964 @FelskyNY I had the same problem with the cheetos macnchz when I bought 1box and 1 cup using the paper $1 off coup. Luckily the kid at sco pushed it thru for me. I rarely run into trouble with coupons from the paper, but I always get some level of anxiety using printed ones from CDC because commonly won't scan. Usually the sco person will put it thru but not without a bunch of other yellow vests involved as felsk refers to.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Janet1964
Super Saver

@Donna2 @FelskyNY 

Well, apparently it doesn’t work if you buy 2 of the same either. I bought two cups. I wanted to save the boxes for next week in case it doesn’t reset a third time. I have another 1/2 coupon and it is good until 11/7. I got the flaming hot last week and hubby really liked it. I bought the box also last week but we haven’t used it yet. I didn’t get the coupons until later.  
And I remember that the axe coupon did not work last time either. it said buy stick or spray and get the 2nd spray free. But I didn’t want to chance it bc the stick is cheaper- so I bought 2 sprays. And I found the larger size can which was cheaper per ounce - so I sprang for the more economical instead of the cheapest. I am planning on donating it anyway. Neither My hubby or sons like the axe brand, but they put out good coupons. I only hated that there was no Ibotta this time. I usually get it almost free. I will be more conscious about the price now that I have a stockpile of it. Lol

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Saipan
Rewards Advocate

@Janet1964

I cringe everytime a CSR finds creative ways to correct my receipt.

If I have a coupon I plan on using and can't, I start taking stuff off my order before I check out. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Janet1964
Super Saver

Update:

I woke up this morning to see I received the $2 and  credit for the offer towards CCB during the night. Great way to start the day. 

I was so tired yesterday that I am off to shop at Kroger today to see if I can stack some deals with coupons, Ibotta and KCB. I usually do it all in 1 trip to save gasoline but I ran out of steam yesterday.

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Janet1964 

I have mentioned this before, but when getting any kind of refund on an ibotta deal, you need a manager to do a refund not attached to your receipt.

Regular cashiers often will ask for your credit card, return both, then add one 1, give you money bCk either to card or as cash, and not give you a receipt.  Ibotta assumes you returned all.  You have no proof.  Big mess.

Glad you got it fixed. I am used to BOGOF coupons requiring intervention at kroger.  They have to manually enter the price of the free ones.  That is also normal for WM too, right?

“The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning.”
0 Likes