cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mom's 90th

FelskyNY
Deal Master

IMG_20211010_151758_739.jpg

 You guys hear me talk about Mom all the time.  We celebrated her 90th birthday today.  90 is the new 70!

19 Replies

Re: Mom's 90th

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

@FelskyNY

She looks good. That means you should be around here for a long time helping us out. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Yeah, she looks better than my mom did at 48.  But then again your mom wasn't married to my dad.

Good times for you.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Tikiki
Core Shopper

@FelskyNY   So beautiful! Happy Birthday Mama! 🎁 She looks wonderful for any age, but certainly does not look 90! 😍 Wow! I’m sure she appreciates the wonderful daughter she has in you.

TXbelle
Skilled Saver

@FelskyNY 's mom, you look marvelous! I debated on just what word to describe your picture--gorgeous, fabulous, marvelous. You're all three and I bet you're a lot of fun! Happy Birthday.

My daughter's birthday was yesterday and mine is next Saturday; I turn 70, the new 50? Don't know about that. But I got my flu shot yesterday and the shotgiver thought I was under the age for getting the high dose version. In a strange way, that was flattering. 

FelskyNY
Deal Master

Thank you guys - personally speaking - I think she looks pretty great too.  You know how I talk about her all the time, so I thought I'd share her pic.  @TXbelle - I think 70 is definitely the new 50 - isn't that how it works.  Take the batteries out of the clock and time doesn't pass. 

It was a little sad, because although she knew me (and my sister), I don't think she was sure who my boys are because they aren't little boys anymore.  But she spoke with them, and ate pizza and cake, and just sat back and enjoyed, and it's those times that really matter. 

@Rickibotta Not that I know of LOL

0 Likes

TXbelle
Skilled Saver

@FelskyNY  does your mom live with you? 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@TXbelle  No she lives 1 town over (8 minutes as I say) - and has a live-in aide. 

and a happy birthday to your daughter as well.  My son turned 21 on 9/28.

0 Likes

TXbelle
Skilled Saver

@FelskyNY  You're blessed to be nearby and able to visit regularly. It must have been hard last year. 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@TXbelle It was very hard - we social distanced because her partner was 100 at the time and we did all their shopping and dropped it at their door, then he got sick and we had to go inside.  (If they had been in an assisted living, I wouldn't have been able to see them.)  He passed away in February at 101. We now have a live in aide (who I took with mom to be vaccinated).  This was the first time my boys (21 and almost 25) actually went into her apartment and hugged her in more than 18 months.  With her dementia and glaucoma (with loss of vision in 1 eye) and not seeing them in person (except outside), I think it was confusing for her, but she was happy just listening and watching. 

Most important for me personally is that she knows who I am when I call, and when I come by, we still play backgammon.  Sorry to get so personal, but it's the truth.