cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My adult son is using Ibotta!

Amydstotts
Deal Sharer

I'm so excited!  My son is sliding into adulthood and will be 20 soon.  He has watched me coupon and use rebates, but is just now interested in learning.

Of course, I started him with Ibotta.  This app has been my favorite form of entertainment and has allowed me to save money and share with family, friends, and my community.  I feel so happy to have my son following along. 

6 Replies

Re: My adult son is using Ibotta!

Mona
Deal Sharer

Good for you! Three of my four sons did Ibotta for a bit- I got them hooked when Uber was giving a rebate for each ride!

Janet1964
Super Saver

@Mona @Amydstotts 

Good for you to pass on the knowledge. My adult children think I am crazy and say they don’t have the time. I started couponing years ago as a necessity as a single parent.

I started rebating  last September. I have saved $3,009 through Ibotta. I later added Fetch and have saved and used $200 in Walmart gift cards. I added Shopkick and have saved and used $200 in Walmart & Kroger gift cards, I have saved $97 through coupons.com digital coupons. I have cashed out $40 from Checkout 51. I have saved over $1,700 at Kroger through digital coupons & sales promotions. Walmart doesn’t keep up with that kind of data. I added Publix a few months ago and mainly shop their buy 1 get 1 free deals about once a month. They don’t track the savings either. I added Get Upside - a gas rebate app in December and have saved $40. I don’t drive that much except to shop - less than 6,000 miles since December. My hubby drives his car everywhere else. And I only work 5 Miles from my house. I also use 1 credit card to pay for all my grocery shopping - and I have earned $70 in rewards (which I use to buy clothes and gifts) in the past 2 months alone.
I scan my receipts through coinout, receipt hog and receipt pal and have saved $20 in Amazon gift cards (which I haven’t used yet).
I have not added up how much I save using paper  coupons, but at least $200 per month.

I use my savings to pay for vacations with my hubby, gifts for my grandchildren, and I donate items to shelters for children & veterans. I think it is very much worth my time. 

I usually shop twice a week (as the nearest stores are 25 miles one way). I mainly shop at Walmart & Kroger. I shop at Publix and CVS about once a month. I probably spend at least 20 hrs a week planning & 8 hrs shopping (including the 1 hour commute each time)

Amydstotts
Deal Sharer

I love thinking that the kids are going to at least be careful with money.  I think I'd have a cow if he went into a store and paid full price for shampoo or toothpaste.  😉

0 Likes

Amydstotts
Deal Sharer

That is sooo impressive that you've saved so much in such a little bit of time!  You're good at it, that's apparent.  My main reason for starting this journey was to have a hobby to replace drinking...14 years sober, 14 years saving. 

I've been rocking with Ibotta for many many years and I'm about to hit $16,000... No joke!  What other app can offer that, you know? 

I'm a Kroger shopper too...I love it!  Not only the deals, but my Kroger has great employees that I've become friends with outside of Kroger.  

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Amydstotts 

I am so impressed, and I am happy for you that you have won the battle so far.   As an ACOA, I am always pleased to see someone do the hard work it takes.  Good to see you are not only a friend of Bill, but also of ibotta.

Well done.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Amydstotts
Deal Sharer

Thank you SO much!  That means a lot!  It was such a hard decision to make, but if I hadn't, there's no way I would have lived.  I was having seizures and issues with my sugar levels.  Also, my son was being raised more by my parents and I was just a body in the home.  I feel blessed every day, knowing that I made the choice to live.

Again, I appreciate your response so very much!

0 Likes