cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Sandwich Brings All the Girls to the Yard: Swagbucks Picnic Team Challenge

Rickibotta
Deal Master
Who else did the Swagbucks Picnic Team Challenge?   What team were you on?

I may not be the Earl of Sandwich, but I am the Rick.  Team sandwich dominated, earning me a 300 SB Swagup.

So I will once again be redeeming the Swagup, combining it with the standard once-a-month discount for my Amazon GC.

$25 Amazon GC:   2200 SB discounted rate less 300 SB Swagup = 1900 ($19) for the $25 GC 

(I have now been on the winning team for the last 8 of these team challenges that I have joined. )

In the last 4 months, I will have bought $100 total in Amazon GC for only $76.   I will be parlaying this $100 into an annual Spotify membership for my son.  The $76 it ultimately cost me is a significant savings (around 37%) over the regular monthly rate of $9.99, or $119.88 per year.

Rickibotta_4-1661173572903.png

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
7 Replies

Re: My Sandwich Brings All the Girls to the Yard: Swagbucks Picnic Team Challenge

mmoore01
Deal Master

I ended up on the Lemonade team and again, came in 2nd place.

Something is fishy here.  @Rickibotta , I know you have a special process to joining.  I know there are people out there that generate 10's of thousands of points for their team.  The minimum is 500.  I generated over 2400 points to my team.

I check the status throughout the week.  Lemonade was in 2nd place the whole time.  I think it is rigged, but I will take my Swag Up and buy a Walmart gift card.

0 Likes

Re: My Sandwich Brings All the Girls to the Yard: Swagbucks Picnic Team Challenge

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mmoore01 

I always join several days after the challenge begins.  Seems to work for me.  Maybe a coincidence. 

I would feel guilty, but I am constantly seeing others with these awesome ibotta deals ar WM for things we don't carry.  So I guess this is a small blessing.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Dean

@Rickibotta 

Can you use Amazon GCs to buy Spotify GC? I’ve tried to buy other GCs with my Amazon GC balance and been told it is now allowed. 

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

Order Summary

• Items:

$99.00

Total Before Tax:

$99.00

Estimated Tax Collected:

$0.00

Gift Certificate/Card:

-$99.00

Order Total

$0.00

0 Likes

Dean

@Rickibotta 

🤔 Must have been the type of card I was buying but don’t remember which one it was. It might have been a streaming service. Guess I’ll try it again when I have enough GC balance. 

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

0 Likes

Zombie
Skilled Saver

@mmoore01 @Rickibotta I was on Lemonade, but I only found out about it on Saturday night (didn't see the email, TADA doesn't mention it, and my phone is too old for the SB app), so I was only able to earn 250 points for my team so I don't qualify for the reward

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Zombie 

I will try to let you know next time.

0 Likes