cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My visitor

Kswitzer77
Saver

I was able to take a picture of this big guy outside my window over the weekend. It was hard getting the picture because my camera kept focusing on the screen that's in my window. This groundhog / woodchuck comes on my front porch every night. 

22 Replies

Re: My visitor

mom2furkids
Skilled Saver

@Kswitzer77 Thank you for sharing! I grew up in WV and groundhogs were a regular in our backyard (and garden), but I haven't seen one in ages. Just squirrels, rabbits and the occasional turtle in the yard now.  I love wildlife so I enjoyed your photo! 

Kswitzer77
Saver

@mom2furkids I'm glad you enjoyed it sweetie. Usually I can't take a picture at all out my back window because of the screen. That's one of the biggest groundhogs I've ever seen. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Kswitzer77 

I looked at the pic before I read the posts, and I thought it was a rock......lol.

It seems like it was a huge though

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Kswitzer77
Saver

@Rickibotta Oh my goodness that's so funny. Yes I love to post pictures of rocks. Lol 🤣. When I took the picture my camera kept trying to focus on the screen in my window. I was so excited when I could see the groundhog that I just assumed the camera took a excellent picture of it. That'll teach me not to post a picture without putting my reading glasses first. �

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Kswitzer77 

I thought. "Okay there is no way they posted a picture of a visiting rock", right.

So I decided if it wasn't a visiting rock that it must be a brown bear.

So I truly loled when I read things and found out it was a ground hog..  🤣

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Kswitzer77
Saver

@Rickibotta You're just like my daughter. I'm always telling her that if you want to know what the pictures of you need to read the text. Lol 🤣 I'm glad you got a chuckle out of it. Enjoy the rest of your day or evening. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Kswitzer77 

Just checking in.   Did you perhaps see an armadillo or maybe another large rock in the last few days?  🤣

Jodi-lozier
Saver

Have you ever watched any of the videos on the YouTube channel Chunk the Groundhog?  I recommend it. A guy has a whole family of groundhogs he feeds. Every one I see I now call Chunk. Lol

Kswitzer77
Saver

@Jodi-lozier I've never seen that on YouTube. I'll put that on my to-do list. Thank you for the information. 

0 Likes