Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older Android phones no longer supported

mmoore01
Deal Master

My sister-in-law got a message from Ibotta today:

1653429616876_Screenshot_2022-05-24-17-45-21.png

She is running Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop).  At least she could withdraw her earnings... to buy a new phone!

On a related note, I found out I can't run the SwagIt app (from Swagbucks) on MY phone.  And I am running Android 8.0.0 (Oreo).

What is the world coming to.

8 Replies

Re: Older Android phones no longer supported

Kathleen_Dusak
Rewards Hunter

Has there been any updates made to the app to fix this problem?

phillyman
Saver

@Kathleen_Dusak Unfortunately, support for Android Lollipop is probably not going to be fixed. Lollipop was released back in 2014 and it is no longer supported by Google.

Zombie
Core Shopper

@mmoore01are you able to use the actual Swagbucks app? My phone has Android 8.1 and I haven't been able to use the Swagbucks app for quite a while. I've been using Tada instead, but I preferred the layout of the SB app

mmoore01
Deal Master

About a year or so ago, I had problems with Magic Receipts.  I tried the app, but it just won't work.  I found that I could easily send in receipts using swagbucks.com instead.  I don't even have the app on my phone.

Sebsa
Deal Sharer

@mmoore01 

I received this message too. I don't understand it. My Android phone isn't that old and I have no plans to purchase a new phone. So, I won't be able to use Ibotta any more??? I don't get it. 😞

mmoore01
Deal Master

There was post under another conversation that said that Ibotta requires Android 8.0.0 now.  That's Oreo and what I have.  

It seems strange to jump from Lollipop all the way to Oreo.  Hopefully, Oreo is good for awhile.  I have no plans to upgrade anytime soon.  

phillyman
Saver

You can always check the ibotta listing in Google Play to see the minimum OS version. 

Screenshot_20220528-144642.png

Sebsa
Deal Sharer

I have Android 7.1.1 (Nougat). I checked my system updates and there's no update available to Android 8.0 (Oreo) for my phone. 😞

What happens when ibotta transitions fully to Oreo? I won't be able to access it? 

Maybe Oreo shouldn't be the minimum system requirement to use Ibotta...?

0 Likes