cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Please help - I cannot access CVS in store offers

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Zombie 

This problem goes back a week or more.  at that time I mentioned that I could see offers in CVS store mode, but when selecting any of the offers, they did not include CVS as a participating store.

@mmoore01  mentioned that he and his wife are both android on same OS, and one phone properly showed CVS as participating on product page, and one did not.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Zombie
Skilled Saver

@Rickibotta so it probably doesn't have anything to do with my app being out of date then?

I find it interesting that I'm experiencing the same problem when I don't have the same version of the app. I would think that problems would be version-specific.

Did clearing my cache somehow open my app up to the new glitch/problem?

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Zombie 

I seriously doubt clearing cache did this.  Typically it will result in loss of progress in certain things (not in the ibotta sense), or perhaps it will lose settings and preferences.  And clearing cache will often result in an app taking longer to load the next time, etc.    This is why I don't recommend clearing cache in ibotta just to get a bonus pushed through in the morning they come out.  That being said, I am unaware of any specific adverse affects to ibotta when one does a cache clear.

I also don't think it has anything to do with the version number.  I stopped trying to figure out why and to whom it happens when mmoore01 reported that he and his wife are split in the CVS issue even though they have same phone and OS.

In short, I think this issue is random.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Zombie
Skilled Saver

@Rickibotta Back when I used to clear the cache for bonus progress tracking, I've had the app switch to the stupid drop-down menu list for categories (instead of the preferred side scrolling menu bar at the top) - IMMEDIATELY after clearing the cache.

A couple other distinct layout changes took effect after cache clears on other occasions as well, but the menu bar was the most memorable and made me swear to stop clearing Ibotta's cache.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Zombie 

That is why I always simply log out and log back in to force the bonus appearance.

0 Likes

BrookeA
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! Please update to the latest version of the app, that will solve the problem for you. Thank you!

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@BrookeA 

Not necessarily.  As I have posted in numerous threads, no CVS offers show up in the detail pages for any of their offers, and I am on 6.148.0.  This is happening to many users as other threads mention.

BrookeA
Community Manager

Hi Rick! Feel free to share screenshots and your Ibotta account email address with me via private message so that we can ask our team to look into it further. I'm not able to replicate that experience in my account (everything is populating correctly in the latest update for me), but we'd love to be able to investigate further if some Savers are still experiencing issues!

0 Likes

BrookeA
Community Manager

Following up here – if you're seeing an offer in your CVS gallery, you can safely assume that the offer is available for that retailer. Totally understand that not seeing the retailer listed in the offer details is a bit wonky and frustrating. It's a known issue that we're working through addressing! (Sounds like it's correlated to some CVS locations, which is part of why I couldn't replicate the issue on my end.) We'll keep working at it! That's why we love this Community

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@BrookeA 

Not sure if resolved for him now, but at one time, @mmoore01  and his wife have same phone and OS/version, and one of them had the problem and one did not.  So that means at least at that time, it was not location specific.  He will have to weigh in on whether or not they are both shipshape now.

0 Likes