cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Discounted Target Gift Cards

Ibotta-Addict
Skilled Saver

How often does Target have a special offer for discounted Target Give cards?

I searched in the archives of this community and noticed a post about this from December 2020 and October 2021. I was not able to "reply" in that thread, so I'm starting a new conversation. 

0 Likes
17 Replies

Re: Question: Discounted Target Gift Cards

Dean

Once a year. If you have Discover credit card (maybe others as well), you can redeem rewards for gift cards and save 5%.

https://thekrazycouponlady.com/tips/couponing/target-gift-card-sale

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

Ibotta-Addict
Skilled Saver

Thanx, @Dean!

I see that the next one is scheduled in December (as were previous ones). I now have it marked it on my calendar! 

Tags (1)
0 Likes

TXbelle
Super Saver

@Ibotta-Addict 

If you keep track of your Target spending (especially buys that give you rebates like Ibotta), then you can have some idea how much you might want to buy. Oh, and include any holiday gifts, etc. I made a stab at it last Dec but I finished off my gift card $$$ by May 😆. I will do better next time.  This tip is only if you can afford to tie up the cash as you can only use it at Target.  It's usually a weekend in early December. 

Jensaves2Htown
Core Shopper

@TXbelle  Thanks, I need to start small and build on it. I am always looking at changing ways of doing things to stream line time and money.  I am looking for ways to meet the TC bonus goals, too.

Tetelestai
Deal Sharer

The discounted cards are for 5% off... which is what you get with the Red Card. And you don't get the Red Card discount on the amount you spend using gift cards. So, is there a benefit I'm not seeing to buying the discounted cards? Unless you're not a Red Card holder, I'm missing the point. 

0 Likes

Dean

@Tetelestai 

Once a year, Target gift cards are 10% off at Target. There isn’t an additional 5% off for using REDcard during this sale.

Helpful Links

Jensaves2Htown
Core Shopper

@Ibotta-Addict  I just read that Target deal days are 7/11 - 7/13  and include 5% discount on Target Gift cards. (Online or app Event)  Your deal in December with the 10% discount is better. though. 

Ibotta-Addict
Skilled Saver

Helpful, @Jensaves2Htown! Thanx! The deal you mentioned will serve me well until December. If I use a 3% cashback credit card it will be 8%. 

Dean

Target has 15% off select specialty gift cards as today's Deal of the Day.

Domino's, Fandango, Vudu, Spafinder, & Giving Good Feeding America.

Helpful Links