cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receipt and Document Scanners

Dean

I saw this post on KCL about Epson mobile receipt and document scanners. Made me think if this would be useful for couponing and how to use it. I like the idea of the software automatically identifying information. I knew this had been mentioned before somewhere here and I did find a post from @Saipan . Searching for “receipt scanning” results in a lot of help requests so there might be other posts that I missed.

Would you use something like this? Do you already use a document scanner and organizer? I was thinking that receipt organization would be a good feature to add to the Ibotta app. Maybe get some monthly reports or exports to use for spending analysis. 

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
7 Replies

Re: Receipt and Document Scanners

Nique
Deal Ambassador

I like the activity details in the Fetch app. It shows how many receipts I have scanned, my total spend, points earned, and breaks out spend by retailer. It can be viewed by week, month, or year. For the two years I have been using Fetch, it’s all there.

Ibotta likely has data that we are unable to see, but I cannot imagine what it would take to put the suggested enhancements in place.

Dean

@Nique  Funny. I was looking at Fetch when I got the email about your post. Fetch does have a good display of stats. It’s even more useful since I scan more receipts in Fetch than Ibotta. Now if it would only do a breakdown by product categories and the ability to export the data. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean @Nique 

I am a bit upset with FETCH.  Their recent app update has several good things, but I hate not being able to see the transaction day anymore without clicking on the transaction. 

Can someone explain why they felt it better to display 'how many days ago' the receipt is from rather than the date? 

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Dean

@Rickibotta  Is that on Android? I see dates on my iPad as usual. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

Yessir.  enjoy it while it lasts.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Nique
Deal Ambassador

@Rickibotta @Dean After playing around with “the new Fetch” a bit, I figured out how to see the receipt dates:

1. Tap on your points in the upper right
  2. Then tap the receipt symbol beneath the bar chart
  3. Underneath will appear a link “View by Year” - tap it and then your recent receipts are visible as before

To see more, tap the boxes under “My Receipts”

Seems like a lot of steps for what we used to be able to see in one to two taps. I’m glad it’s still there.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Nique 

I understand that. I am saying the default view sucks.

0 Likes