cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Redeemed offers in October

Rema
Saver

This thread is interesting and got me looking at my October numbers. So far I’ve done 150 rebates and my only big bonus was JOL🎃.  I did get the Community Treasure Hunt. My earnings for October was a startling $345!!! I did buy 25 GC at Walmart to pay…$10 at a time because they did add to the rebate count! I don’t know what my OOP was….and I’m not going to try to figure that out!!😜

Saipan
Deal Expert

Kudos to all. I don't keep that tight a records, but should be sub 50% of cost bare minimum.

Found a jar of Manuka honey for $10 straight up. Got to live a little bit. 

ginger1
Deal Sharer

I didn't chase the jol bonus either. I did 62 offers for the month. Bought offers I wanted. Made me realize how much money and time I spent on things I don't really use to chase a bonus. Definitely makes me rethink how I want to use Ibotta and other apps. It was a wakeup month for me. Here's hoping November is different!

Cbiscotti
Core Shopper

I have $51.47 for October and that includes the $10 scavenger hunt bonus. This is my lowest total in a long time. With only the 140 JOL bonus I did a lot less shopping. Only 31 offers redeemed. There were a lot of offers that matched what I wanted to buy so it was a good month in that I had decent earnings without effort chasing bonuses. I also saw the return of any receipt after a long time not getting them. I made $0.60 redeeming 6 of those. I'm hoping to get two more before the end of the month. 

Nique
Rewards Advocate

@Jensaves2Htown I pay with Shopkick gift cards often, sometimes along with Ibotta gift cards.

To use either, select “Walmart Gift Card” from the payment options at the self checkout, then scan the gift card barcode in whichever app it’s stored. When paying with Shopkick and Ibotta in the same transaction, I have found that it works more smoothly to scan the Shopkick GC first, then the Ibotta one. For any balance left I use “Walmart Pay” which charges my credit card. (To use it, open Walmart app, tap Services along the bottom, then tap Walmart Pay, and hold your phone up to the QR Code on the self checkout screen.)

Your Ibotta Gift cards are visible from the Account section in the app upon purchase. Just tap on it and you can scan the barcode. You can buy a GC for the exact amount of your transaction, but I usually buy in $10 increments.

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

I just finished my JOL bonus last night…..and I feel wiped out by this month. With no other regular bonuses to keep me motivated, very few FAO’s that I could actually find, and more that made me feel pretty disconnected with Ibotta, this was tough and I honestly didn’t know if I would make it. I did happen to gain $267.93 in Ibotta earnings this month but that is the lowest I have done since I started regularly using Ibotta. Not extremely lower, but with a higher out of pocket, it just feels like a much less successful month. I am super thankful for @LaraL and the transparency she gave about why this month was so different, and this definitely helped me. Knowing that we were part of a test on Ibotta’s part, I decided to give it my best shot and see how it went for me. I am so happy I got it done, but honestly I don’t think I could always do it. Having one busy week that I wouldn’t be able to do any shopping would have made it impossible for me to get that many offers. Thank you @LaraL for being so open and honest with us here. 

I completed a total of 130 offers (18 of them being “any” offers. I have never completely exhausted all of my any offers until this month. I had wiped them dry, and I honestly don’t know if that is because I was getting less or I was so focused on using any and all offers that I could). I also bought 10 gift cards with my earnings. 

I made $267.93 in Ibotta earnings. And spent $81.04 out of pocket after all coupons, and rebates (this included the $10 September Leaves bonus that I finished up after I got the JOL, and the $10 Scavenger Hunt bonus)

All in all, this was a difficult month for me. But I am satisfied with the items I got. I spent more on many of them because I got lots of higher priced necessities and staples that my family needed and use regularly, but these items also happen to have smaller rebates. But hey, I was going to buy that stuff anyways! But I definitely could not keep up with this pace every month. 

Here is the breakdown of item quantities I got:

• Drinks 19
  • Candies 26
  • Bread 3
  • Meats 13
  • Coffee bags/pods 9
  • Pet Treats 5
  • Litter 2
  • Misc. pantry items 17
  • Chips 4
  • Feminine care 13
  • vitamins/health 4
  • Makeup 7
  • Household cleaners 8
  • Cereal 6
  • Yogurt/Cottage cheese 3
  • cheese 2
  • Deodorant/body sprays 8
  • Produce 2
  • School supplies 2
  • Frozen foods 6
  • Hair/skin care 4

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Mikosmama 

I like the way you broke down your purchases. I don't worry about keeping track of my OOP because I'm purchasing necessities.

I wasn't too motivated to shop because I didn't receive any bonuses and kudos to @LaraL for the transparency about the bonus program. 

I'm expecting the bonus program to improve in November. I don't think I'll make as many purchases without receiving bonuses.

Don't let what you don't have prevent you from enjoying what you do have.

MandaPaul86
Shopper

Wow! I'm really impressed and extremely pumped to do as well as you one day! Thanks!

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Mikosmama 

Are you saying that after coupons and rebates, you only spent $81 for everything bought this month for all household purchases?  If so, that is just incredible.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

MandaPaul86
Shopper

$345!! Wow!! Great job!

0 Likes