cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redeemed offers in October

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

October has certainly been a change of pace for myself.  Like many other users I received the Jack-o-lantern bonus and expected to continue receiving weekly bonuses and anticipated a month of stacking. 

To my dismay Ibotta had different plans. Thanks to @LaraL for explaining the reason for not receiving bonuses and dispelling the myths of how bonuses are distributed.

Eventhough I didn't receive any bonuses in October this is my summary. 

• 225 total offers redeemed 140 were for JOL
  • 11 extra bonuses after JOL
  • 8 gift cards after JOL
  • $325.00 earnings 
  • 4th highest grossing month of 19

Even with no bonuses I redeemed more offers than I did with the monthly levels and teamwork bonuses.  I'm hoping Monday morning will bring an end to the bonus drought. 

Thanks to everyone who posted deals and findings @cjwoody @Janet1964 @Tikiki @FelskyNY 

Does anyone else care to sum up your month of October?  Did the lack of bonuses cause changes in how you shopped as compared with previous months?

Don't let what you don't have prevent you from enjoying what you do have.
47 Replies

Re: Redeemed offers in October

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@OBSHOP 

I'm not as organized as you by any means

Total earned $349.54.  This is my highest earning since last Oct (by 37 cents).

I was not planning on chasing the $30 JOL, but because I started off strong, and then the CC bonus came in, I pushed it to complete (and I only needed 90).

I also combined with Fetch, SB, SK, Aisle, FA, for some really good stacking opportunities. The reason I mention this is because I did not use Aisle or FA previously, and did very little shopping at WF (until I started Social Nature). These 3 changes did impact my shopping habits more so than any bonuses every did.

Total bonuses $74.25  (includes $30 JOL, $10 CC, $10 Scavenger Hunt)

90 offers were JOL.  I don't have the breakdown for my total # of offers

When you say 225 offers - do you count when you buy 4 items (4 x $1) as 1 offer or 4 offers.

I also do PWI/GC whenever I shop at WM, and I bought 4 Chipotle GC.

I wish I kept a running tab on the OOP.  Maybe in November. 

Jensaves2Htown
Core Shopper

What does "PWI/GC whenever I shop at WM, and I bought 4 Chipotle GC"  mean?  I understood everything else. 

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

@Jensaves2Htown PWI/GC is pay with Ibotta / gift card. These acronyms can for sure get confusing! LOL

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Jensaves2Htown thanks for clarifying for me LOL - yes PWI/GC is Pay With Ibotta/Gift Cards

I still think of "gift cards" as "pay with Ibotta" because that's what I do when I PAY at WM, I buy a GC for the amount of my purchase, and swipe to use my Ibotta earnings.  I don't generally buy GC ahead of time.

and Chipotle GC are also Gift Cards.  My son loves Chipotle, so I give him a $5 Gift card (using my Ibotta earnings) to apply against his meal (and the fact that the minimum is $5 and counts as an offer toward a bonus - definitely worth it).

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

That's a great example of how to fulfill bonus requirements by purchasing gift cards for your favorite restaurant.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@OBSHOP  I think chipotle is so overpriced, so I'm happy to give him $5 toward it (because I'm a mom) and he can pay the rest.  Generally we make it at home. 

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@FelskyNY 

Cooking at home is a always better.  

I have copied a lot of restaurant meals at home some of my favorites are salads.

0 Likes

cjwoody
Super Saver

@OBSHOP  Technically, October is still in-progress, but here is where I am at so far...

• 79 Ibotta offers redeemed (excludes multiples redeemed when offer limit is >1)
    • 43 food / any food offers
    • 17 gift card offers, primarily Walmart, which I roll
    • 13 household / any household offers
    • 6 any receipt offers
    • $220.60 Cost with tax, before coupons/rebates
  • $222.48 in Ibotta earnings
    • $124.70 in food / any food / food bonus earnings
    • $50.58 in household / any household / household bonus earnings
    • $1.25 in any receipt earnings
    • $0.95 in gift card earnings
    • $45.00 in Ibotta bonus earnings
      • $5.00 WW ending 10/3
      • $10.00 September Leaves ending 10/3
      • $10.00 Community Scavenger
      • $5.00 WW ending 10/10
      • $0.00 MWMM ending 10/13, did not complete
      • $1.00 WW ending 10/17
      • $10.00 Candy Corn ending 10/17
      • $0.00 MWMM ending 10/20, did not complete
      • $1.00 WW ending 10/24
      • $3.00 MWMM ending 10/27
      • pending WW and Frankenstein ending 10/31, did not receive JOL
  • $68.04 additional savings stacked on these 79 offers
    • $29.41 print/digital coupons
    • $16.50 Aisle
    • $7.49 Social Nature
    • $6.20 Swagbucks
    • $4.00 CO51
    • $2.75 CDC
    • $1.69 Fetch

• $69.92 moneymaker position on these 79 offers

Lollykins
Skilled Saver

Wow!  I'm really impressed with how @OBSHOP and @cjwoody  keep track of all those moving parts!

October was def a banner month for me.  I cashed in a total of $366.38 through Ibotta, which included $100+ in bonuses alone.  I did not find that the frequency of weekly (MWMM & WWB) offerings slowed down or changed in any way.  I got the JOL bonus offer of $45 for 140 and decided to try it out.  Along the way,  I picked up 6 different weekly bonuses for an extra $28 plus the Scavenger Hunt, CC and Frankenstein for another $30.

So my pantry is bursting, food bank donations are stacked up in my office, and my wine rack is full (thanks to SK and Walgreens).

Unless November brings something I just cannot pass up, I think I'll be taking a break for a bit to slow down & enjoy the holidays. 🎃🦃🎅  🥂