cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should Bonuses Run Sun-Wed & Thu-Sat?

Dean

I didn’t get a WWB and I’ve got four offers left to complete the JOL bonus before EOM, so I didn’t spend time chasing bonuses this weekend. This gave me some time to review deals and coupons, which led to thinking about bonuses. Stores start their weekly sales on Sunday, and new coupons are in the Sunday newspaper. Well, HEB starts their sales week on Wednesday. 🤔 Okay, maybe not everyone starts on Sunday. But most others do. So, would it make sense to change the schedule of the weekly bonuses? Bonus 1 would run Sunday through Wednesday or Thursday, and Bonus 2 would run from Wednesday or Thursday through Saturday. I’m guessing that the biggest drawback to this change would be that Saturday and Sunday are the days people do the most shopping, which means working on the WWB. But what if there were two bonuses to work on each weekend? Well, this is just an idea that popped into my head. It’s what happens when I have to much time to think. 💡 

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Should Bonuses Run Sun-Wed & Thu-Sat?

SoCalHal
Core Shopper

Weekly sales start on Wednesdays in SoCal.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Dean 

NO

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

TXbelle
Rewards Advocate

@Dean 

Grocery sales in this area start on Wednesday. Walgreens and CVS start on Sunday. Ok, Target sales start on Sunday but they send out grocery ads on Wednesday. Our Walmarts don't have weekly sales because they say their prices are everyday low prices. 

I like the pattern of weekly bonuses from Ibotta. I hope that they will make them available to every user all the time. Not getting bonus offers that others get is discouraging. 

0 Likes

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

Actually I like the ibotta mon-wed and thru-sun.  My take on it is you get the best of both worlds this way vs your senerio.  But that just me.  The reason is you get to use the sales from sat/ sun and Tues/Wednesday on the sale switch for each bonus.  That way you have other things you can buy to get the bonus.  Sometimes you just need that one thing to complete and the current sale items are not your cup of tea.  Also with a day buffer with the sale switch you don't have to be on the edge of your shopping trip waiting for a reset you don't even know if it's going to come and the bonus is expiring that day.

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Dean   Stop and Shop starts on Friday -   CO51 new offers drop Thursday -  I can barely remember what day of the week it is!   WF offers also change on Wed.  Shoprite is Sunday.

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

Your concept is interesting. It makes sense, however I really don't have an opinion on the matter. I am fine with how Ibotta does bonuses concerning weekends but your way would be just as good too. The only thing I would change is bonuses are equal among all users and that all offers are the same for each user. For example, I have seen the Schar cookies in my Walmart but I don't have an offer for them under my Ibotta list but I know a few people were talking about getting the offer in their area for Walmart. Each store should have the same offers regardless of the area. Again, that's just my opinion and I am not going to quit Ibotta over it.

0 Likes